New Release - Firmware Version 2.04.13 for WD TV Live Hub (3/8/11)

frfa1 wrote:A new firmware is necessary to correct this. I would like to downgrade the firmware but I was surprised to read this in the FAQ:

Important: Downgrading your firmware is not recommended by WD. Please only downgrade if you experienced an issue that prevents you from otherwise upgrading or using your WD TV product.

Not really surprising for me if WD releases Firmwares primarly to lock Services or Features for certain Users instead of Bugfixing, its logicaly they don’t want Users to downgrade, because downgrading then means circumvent the Locks… I’m pretty sure WD will soon prevent downgrades because of this, if that happens i trow the Hub out of the Window for sure!

What about first fixing Bugs first instead of removing Services and introduce new Bugs?

tm9ZL34UhIf68B2 wrote:

Not really surprising for me if WD releases Firmwares primarly to lock Services or Features for certain Users instead of Bugfixing, its logicaly they don’t want Users to downgrade, because downgrading then means circumvent the Locks… I’m pretty sure WD will soon prevent downgrades because of this, if that happens i trow the Hub out of the Window for sure!

What about first fixing Bugs first instead of removing Services and introduce new Bugs?

Which services or features have been removed?

-edit-

Nevermind, found the answer earlier in the thread.  

The majority of users outside the US do not use VPNs to access services outside of their region.  The presence of unavailable services in the GUI makes NO sense for those users.  Making it optionally may have been nice but perhaps WD aren’t pandering to users who like breaking the Service providers’ ToS.  

Is this firmware the same as the beta ? because I was going to rollback to the older firmware as the beta seemed miles more laggy and buggy, without fixing ANY of the issues that I had.

I have to addmit that new release included lots of new functions, but it made Wd more slower and unstable. Also what bothers me most is audio channel — sound level is extremely low… I will roll back and I hope that bug fix will come soon to fix this audio problem.

Very odd that when I listen audio from web-sources, audio seems to work. But if I play external storaged music or video, audio level is that level from crash dept of sea (extremely low ).

(2 hours later) Sound is back … I don´t really know what I did, but now sound levels are all ok. I have now test with DVD ISO, MKV, MPG, MP3 and all seem to play with normal sound level. Lets see tomorrow when I start WD agaiand test with same files…

frfa1 wrote:

After sucessfully update I discovered that:

-  It freezes erratically. No action with the remote is possible. Disconnect power is the only solution to reboot.

• Very low audio levels over HDMI for some Mediafly  Channel  and videos . After reboot  it seems to be OK. Will this issue return?
  • No more DTS or 5.1 sound over HDMI  for all videos. Only 2.1. Reboot has not solved the problem.
  • Netflix, Bockbuster and Pandora still present for me in Brazil. Netflix will be operating here this year so I hope the apps will continue.

A new firmware is necessary to correct this. I would like to downgrade the firmware but I was surprised to read this in the FAQ:

Important: Downgrading your firmware is not recommended by WD. Please only downgrade if you experienced an issue that prevents you from otherwise upgrading or using your WD TV product.

I would not take too much of that statement after all WD do give you all the instructions to downgrade

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860

• No more DTS or 5.1 sound over HDMI  for all videos. Only 2.1. Reboot has not solved the problem.

after flashing  audio output  switched to the stereo.

switch him to hdmi pass through manualy

I have the same thing happened

Immediately apologize for the bad English, it is not my native language 

I have a slightly different problem - after updating to 2.04.13 is no sound when playing MP3 and any video files containing audio in MPEG 
In this case, flac and ogg - play normally, mkv c 5.1 audio (like DTS), also without problems. 

Manual adjustment of audio output formats (choose Dolby and DTS over HDMI) has not solved the problem.

If you select stereo mode, the sound is played through all the files, but it is not the solution.  

Rollback to previous firmware version (2.03.24) eliminated the problem 

CRASH. FREEZE. REBOOT. This is what keeps constantly keeps happening to my WD Live Hub! I’m so angry and astonished that WD would put out an update like this and not correct the bugs or stop their customers from downloading it. Clearly everybody else is having a problem with it! DO SOMETHING! You’re pissing off your customers! So turned off by WD! Hello Seagate!

Mike9916 wrote:

CRASH. FREEZE. REBOOT. This is what keeps constantly keeps happening to my WD Live Hub! I’m so angry and astonished that WD would put out an update like this and not correct the bugs or stop their customers from downloading it. Clearly everybody else is having a problem with it! DO SOMETHING! You’re pissing off your customers! So turned off by WD! Hello Seagate!

Try to switch it off and unpower it. Then wait a little and reboot. I had many problems untill I got so mad I switched the thing off to downgrade. The next day I looked at it again before the downgrade and it is working ‘normal’… So try this first! I now like the update very much! Even though it did not update at first and got stuck in the middle of the update proces.

But it has some new features that now do not work slow anymore.

lemonkid wrote:

Mike9916 wrote:

Try to switch it off and unpower it. Then wait a little and reboot. I had many problems untill I got so mad I switched the thing off to downgrade. The next day I looked at it again before the downgrade and it is working ‘normal’… So try this first! I now like the update very much! Even though it did not update at first and got stuck in the middle of the update proces.

But it has some new features that now do not work slow anymore.

After I manualy corrected the audio output to have back DTS 5.1 I have no more seen  any of the problems I have reported. I suspect the reboot after I unpowered it may have had a role.

so I take it this update should be avoided?

I’m really happy for the ‘loop one/loop all’ VIDEO function - but I would be really pleased if it worked bugfree:

If I play a video and press ‘Options’, I see the ‘loop one’ button active but after the video there’s a jump to the folder view :cry:

Handmade workaround (not really suitable):

When I press through the playback options (‘loop one/loop all/no loop’) WHILE THE VIDEO IS PLAYING it uses my final option (in my case ‘loop one’) and loops propperly.

There is still NO OSD on/OFF switch in the menue - that should be a basic option.

^^ PLEASE fix that.

This upgrade works GREAT for me and I have NO complaints.

The AUTO frame rate is my favourite feature.

Also since upgrading to the HUB from the WDTV Live I do NOT have any more network problems.:smileyvery-happy:

^^ in general I’m very happy with this version, too.

It plays all my common file types very well up to 1080p25 without any problems - even in Apple QuickTime containers (didn’t read that before, just tried it and was impressed).

So big up in general, but now it’s time to take a leap ahead and fix things like missing OSD on/off switch at playback/loop, video loop bug, long pause between clip end and replay/loop start, freezing remote control etc.

This is WD and no tripe seller :wink:

Hoping for these fixes soon…

Hi I got a sound problem playing bdmv archives. If I switch sound from DD to DTS (or other), the movie stops and may continue in another scene without any sound at all. That is really annoying and did not happen before the upgrade. The BDMV archive is playing from the intern HDD. Anyone a clue?

2 Ipaddle

Try  rename STREAM folder or find the necessary m2ts files in the STREAM folder and copy them to another folder.

lol.

you must be kidding.

firmware update my a$$.

pls check the date in your calendar. its 2011 not 11… or maybe you didnt even noticed the Y2K issue 11 years ago. 

ntelirio wrote:

pls check the date in your calendar. its 2011 not 11… or maybe you didnt even noticed the Y2K issue 11 years ago.  

Huh??

Ok this solves the problem, but then the files will not play as a single movie. Obviously they have to be in the STREAM folder, or not?

that such problems were not in the future you can support my idea Incorrect work BD menu on the STREAM folder

but then the files will not play as a single movie

Most BD discs with movies, concerts, etc. the entire movie is in one, very large file in the directory STREAM. Locate this file on your computer, give him a normal name of the movie and copy to the player. In other m2ts files can be any extra. materials, etc. You can also rename them and copy the player.

if a movie is in a few m2ts files, you can links them using tsMuxer program