MLB.TV Playback Issues

I was really excited for the addition of MLB.TV, but so far I have not been having luck with live streaming on my live hub. 

Game recaps from last season play perfectly, but live games stall out when loading.  Once it a while, the in game contols will pop-up and then disappear, but most of the time it just stays black. 

This isn’t a problem with my internet connection, as the games stream perfectly on my nextwork on my computer and phone.  Anyone else having trouble with mlb streaming?? Anything I can try? I have restarted the hub a few times to no avail.

1 Like

Update: Live game audio also crashed to the main mlb page and then froze. So I can’t watch or listen to games? Argh.

I’m having the same problem.

…same here in Germany, it is running on iPod/iPhone, but no stream on WDTV. Mlb.tv want me to call a US 1-866 number to make some troubleshooting. But what can they troubleshoot ?

I am having the same issues.  I haven’t been able to watch a single game via wdtv live hub… not even via playback.

Antwort an:" MLB.COMmlb1@maileu.custhelp.com

Subject

WD TV LIVE HUB issue

Discussion Thread

Response Via Email(Customer Service) - 03/06/2012 10:59 AM
Dear Carsten,

Thank you for your email.

We’re very sorry for the inconvenience that your experience, but right now WD TV is not yet available at the moment. It will be available early March of this year.

Please refer to this link for future updates about your WD TV.
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index.jsp?product=wd

Please feel free to email us or call our toll free Customer Service number (1-866-800-1275) if you have any additional questions.   

BookerT wrote:

I was really excited for the addition of MLB.TV, but so far I have not been having luck with live streaming on my live hub. 

Game recaps from last season play perfectly, but live games stall out when loading.  Once it a while, the in game contols will pop-up and then disappear, but most of the time it just stays black. 

This isn’t a problem with my internet connection, as the games stream perfectly on my nextwork on my computer and phone.  Anyone else having trouble with mlb streaming?? Anything I can try? I have restarted the hub a few times to no avail.

I called customer service last night and was told the same thing. FYI, I ran into the same problem when I tried to stream the games through the Hub via PlayOn. I’d get as far as the screen telling me which teams were playing, and then nothing, just a blank screen.

I just signed up to state i’m having the same problems.

In the MLB app on WD TV included in the last update I can watch the recoded clips and it works, but  loading a live streaming game to watch the circle just spins and/or a blank screen. I’ve tried all the live spring training games and cannot get them to display and no audio. The other streaming aspects of the system work fine like  Netflix so its set up correctly (network) in that regard.

Please advise or test it out and see if it could be fixed! Thanks!!!

Below is the latest news from MLB.tv regarding the WDTV issue.  In short, they’re still screwed up.

We do apologize for the inconvenience  for not able to watched the WDTV. We are still having a system issue viewing the WDTV live, We will send some email notification once it’s available for viewing.

Your tracking number for this transaction:15309525

Should you have any further questions about your account, please contact Customer Service toll-free at 1-866-800-1275.

Thank you again for taking the time to write.

Sincerely,

MLB.com Customer Service

Yep!  I have the same problem.  After tinkering with everything imaginable, I cancelled.

WDTV has responded to my email and stated they are aware of the issue and will work on a solution.

Also MLB responded to my emai and assured we would be up by the time the season starts.

How true this is I dunno…

UPDATE:

I am pretty furious that I paid for a subscription that should get me 7 months of baseball on TV, and will now be getting only 6.  It looks like all hope is gone for getting any content before Opening Day. 

On March 19, I called MLB.TV support, talked to level 1 support, level 2 support, and then somone from MLB Advanced
Media.  Long story short, nobody knew when service would be working and nobody was able to give me a partial refund for the unusable service. The only offer I received was for them to send up a “request” to cancel my account.  I declined because I still want access to games once the season starts.  

I then turned to the only other point of contact that I could find for MLB Advanced Media – their email address.  I explained the situation, how I purchased their product in part to watch Spring Training, and how their website was misleading (saying games available, then later switching to available “early March”)

I received a restatement of their “no partial refunds” policy, and an offer for 20% off in the MLB online store. Really? Spending more money on your website is supposed to make me feel better?

Since that email, their website changed from “available early March” to “available late March” to “Available April 5.” 

Well, April 5th appears to be D-Day for MLB and WDTV. 

I received a call from WD support yesterday (nice girl) and know they are working on the problem intensely.  However, it appears that this is not a WD problem, rather a MLB.tv issue with identifying a valid user who logs in via the WD. Although your user account may be active with MLB and everything appears alright on the WDTV MLB menu, when you select a game to view, MLB authorization is denied.  While I have confidence in the WDTV crew, I’m really not that confident that MLB will live up to their end of the bargain.  What truly riles me as an old software programmer is that neither party bothered to do very simple beta test before hyping the new service.  This is extremely bad programming protocol as well as an over-enthusiastic marketing crew eager to tout a new feature.  Overall, I feel I should not be the one responsible for informing the community here, and that both WD  and MLB should at least put up  posts explaining the problem publicly and apologize to those subscribers and WDTV gen 3 buyers who bought into the ‘free’ preseason games on MLB.tv via WDTV. At any rate, I’m waiting until April 5 to see what materializes.  Let’s cross out fingers…

Here’s an update to an inquiry to MLB.tv regarding the issue with WDTV.  The question was whether a full season refund would be issued if MLB.tv didn’t work with WDTV on April 5th.  Guess there’s hope yet!

Thank you for your email.

Regarding of your concern, we’re giving you full assurance that your device will be accessible on April 5. In case you will encounter technical difficulties, please call the MLB.com toll-free Customer Support hotline at 1-866-800-1275 for additional information or assistance.

If anyone is still keeping score the problem seems to be fixed.

We watched a couple of games today after updaing the system with the new firmware.

Hopefully eveyone else has the same results.