Lost external USB storage after updating to new Firmware 2.08.13

Having the same problem here after 2.08.13. Basically my HFS external drive would mount, but trying to browse it will give the “There’s no media in the current folder” message. Deleted .wd_tv hidden folder and still nothing. I did some more testing and here’s what I found out (hopefully this information will be of use to some of you)

1. Problem seems to be related to the Media Library. Turning it off lets you browse the external drive and copy files just fine. Resetting the Media Library also works, but you lose all your content info and resume playbacks but I could browse the external drive and watch media off it again. Cover artwork are all intact after a reset.
  2. If turning Media Library off doesn’t let you browse the external drive (see below), try restarting the device (it’s worked consistently for me so far).
  3. The trigger for this glitch appears to be when you try to delete or move a file  (which is really a copy and delete) from a HFS volume via WD TV Live Hub (I only have a HFS external drive, I don’t know if this is the same for other file systems). The “failed” deletion attempt seem to hose the Media Library in some way and cause the external drive inaccessible by it. I’ve done this a few times with consistent outcomes after several Media Library resets.

Very dissappointed with the recent firmware update. I hope the next update fixes this glitch or improves things, otherwise this is the last WD product I ever buy or recommend anyone.