I don't have any problems with my WD Live HUB

I traded it for a used Wii and purchased a second Pivos AIOS

Plays all my ISO’s so I no longer need to run Clown BD to make them play.

The best feature is that there is no audio dropout’s or picture freezing during use.

Tested over 250 DVD and 250 BD iso with out any problems, excellent hardware!

USB3.0 , 3.5" Internal Sata 1/2 removable hard drive (for fast loading or swapping out)

DVD menus and many BD menus are veiweable during playback. 

At less than $99 it’s a deal! see w w w . n c i x . c o m

The WD Live Hub is a good standard definition device, clean HD playback is expecting too much. 

NICE – but I don’t see netflix support.  I use netflix all the time so I guess I can’t trade in my WD yet.

USB 3 is cool too

Did you get good wall posted displays for movies using thumbgen?  Can you post some pics?

Thanks,

Mike

For $89.99 (Newegg.com) I just ordered one to play with.

I’m sick and tired of messing with the WDTV Live/Dead that I can’t see straight.

And the “UPDATED FW” that drops audio channels (yes, 3.01.19 lost 5.1 audio channels) is pure **bleep**.  You’d think they would try a couple of things out before a major release.

Signed,

[Deleted] in WI

I’m in the process of getting the template files for thumbgen but have the Semiofficial R16 firmware installed. I am able to share media between the two AIOS internal HD’s over the network with ease. Once I mount my Favorite shares, edit my ISO’s file names to include year of film I can run Thumbgen on my Windows PC to create the pages for Jukebox to display on the AIOS. It’s very little work to mount the favorite shares, just a little reading required as the script needs to be edited for you location of shared files.

The Semiofficial firmware release is only required if you want to run Jukebox on the AIOS. You can still select media files in list, icon or thumbnial view as normal. Jukebox will give you really professional looking movie back drops with movie info etc. You can view some Jukebox pictures in the Pivosforums.com under AIOS HD Media Center/ Guides and Tips.

Thanks for the info, Smiley.  If you want to take this discussion off the WD forum so we can compare experiences, etc you can email me at crystalmountain2001@yahoo.com

I ordered the pivos player yesterday so I should see it by friday or monday.  I’ve been using thumbgen 1.2.9.1 along with mojo 1.12.01 (MS) and love them.  I downgraded my WDTV Live Hub to 2.07.17 because it was the FW they were made for.  And also the problems with audio, file structure, etc above that FW are great.  In 3.01.19 they dropped a 5.1 audio channel too.

My current difficulity with the WD is trying to keep it on the network.  Most of the time I can’t see it as a drive so I can’t push themes to it or anything (at the moment).

Thanks for the info,

Mike

No hulu+…  shame…

Runnig Thumbgen and creating sheets for Pivo Aios. So far have choice of poster or sheet view when listing ISO’s.

Really ike the look it adds and easy to do. Setting Jukebox up is extra work but no advantage over using just Thumbgen.

I had to make a folder for each movie and then add the Thumbgen files to each folder which takes time. Once complete it will look great. Too bad Thumbgen uses the same file names for each movie otherwise I could have left all my movies in one folder.

OP: You have problems with your WDTV Live Hub. You just haven’t found them yet :wink:

Keep looking and ye shall find. 

1 Like

I’ve just finished changing my VIDEO_TS structure into ISO (about 450 movies) and setting great looking moviesheets (kudos to all the programmers/themers here !!).  I have yet to see any hardware that is even 3/4 as good as the WD hub.

I also own the pivos aios (mentioned with praise in this thread, but I gotta say – the pivos isn’t anywhere near as capable as the WD hub).  I’m using my pivos as an FTP server and staying with the hub as my media player until something actually better comes along.

Enjoy,

Mike