If it has things like 

(something) S01E01.ext

(something) 01x01.ext.

etc…

1 Like

nop
thats not working

It worked for 100% of my TV shows… 

Give me an example filename of one that’s not working for you.

Black Lagoon S01E01.mkv

Black S01E01.mkv

Black S1E1.mkv
Black 1x1.mkv

Ok, with one minor change, it worked first try for me.

Black Lagoon.S01E01.mkv

BEFORE:  

AFTER:

2 Likes

For me not working too…

:cry:

Neither one Tv show…?

Game of thrones, Rome, The Borgias,Boardwalk Empire, The Sopranos, The Tudors, The Walking Dead…etc

example:

Game of Thrones.S01E01.ext

Metadata original from last firmware(themoviedb.org)

Wait…

In geting info  I have (themoviedb.org) and in setup in meta source manager  for Tv Show is only one choice(TVDB META-Source)

How it is possible?

I didnt do anything on my own with some other metadata info…

100% success for me on those names…

1 Like

Thank you Tony, Now only I must find why I cant get this. You didnt do anything special with your metadata settings I presumed…

Mine only half worked. for example. My Dexter season 1 did not pick up any info, but the Season 5 of Dexter did. Is it how the files are named for certain?

Season 1 file example I have is: Dexter - 103 - Popping Cherry.avi

Season 5 file example I have is: dexter.s05e01.mkv

And when you scan for content, the only option I get is the Movie Database option, is there a way to change this so I can scan TV show & Movies seperately?

Hi Dudeman, Yes, you can solve your problem with renaming files, but my problem is deeper… I try 5-6 version of names, even only Dexter but getting file didnt find anything. Movies gettin file works fine. Maybe problem is your second question, or how to change to tvdb instead of moviemetadata source… ???

Mumoko wrote:
… how to change to tvdb instead of moviemetadata source… ???

This is done automatically based on the name of the file.

1 Like

I did set mine to automatic instead of manual under setup, did u do this Mumoko?

OK I went in changed some of the names of the files, do I just cycle power or what to rescan them?

Also noticed the option to rescan for folders now, what does this do exactly? Wish an updated manual was out.

& thanks for all help & info :slight_smile:

So, I cant do anything smart… I was trying with autmatic and manual settings with same result… Only to try load last firmware once again… Or try to downgrade and then upgrade… Thanks Tony

Dude, for rescan with new names go up one step, in folder in which you have this files and then option and rescan… I think you will get new metadata info without problem… Good luck

1 Like

will give it a go, thanks Mumoko. hope you get yours figured out

wonder if any other file naming combinations work?

This is a lot of renaming, is the program that will do a batch of files or do this for you easier?

never mind found a good free one, called theRenamer. Try it out, works good

Loving the new function in this version to recognise and get content for TV shows.  A great new addition and one that will save heaps of time. 

Generally this has been picking up all the correct info the episode details and of course renaming the file as it does with the movies however, with the TV show info, I am noticing that the backdrops do not appear for the relevant show. Up till now I have been using the tvdb.com XML converter application to rename and apply info and thumbnails for each episode and this has been working a treat which inlcudes all the great fan art as backdrops in the folders.  I would certainly prefer to use the new get content in this firmware but cant understand why the backdrops dont appear in the folders as they did so nicely witth the tvdb.com XML converter application.

Anyone else having this issue?  Would love to hear if there is a way to resolve it as I do love having the fanart as backdrops.

Cheers.

The internal scraper is basically doing the same thing, but it puts the backdrops in their OWN folder.  

I wouldn’t be too worried about it…  The location of the backdrops themselves isn’t really that critical in my opinion.

1 Like