Honored Contributor
mkelley
Accepted Solution

How do I roll back firmware?

The latest firmware broke both my hub and my Live units so they no longer work with my NAS (they see it all right, but when I try and play anything I just get a spinning wheel of... well, not death, but not exactly life either.  Let's call it the spinning wheel of Limbo).

Stupid me -- I should know better than to try and fix something that wasn't broken, but I really hate that "new firmware" nag.  So tell me how to go back to the one that worked (again, for both my Live and Hub units).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Honored Contributor
TonyPh12345

Re: How do I roll back firmware?

Miiiiike!

Welcome back!

Rollbacks for both are here:   http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/

WD removed the rollback package for the Live-SMP because of some mysterious issue with the rollback process, but others have done it successfully using this firmware:

http://download.wdc.com/wdtv/wdtvlivegen3_1.03.10.zip  and modifying the VER file.

*I* wouldn't do it, because I don't know what the mysterious issue might be.....

Just turn the New Firmware Nag off in the SETUP menu.

===Live SMP / Live Hub x2 / Live+ / Live x2 / 24 TBytes of QNAP + WD NAS ===
Honored Contributor
mkelley

Re: How do I roll back firmware?

Thanks, Tony -- I see you've been busy (hard to believe at one point I had more posts that you.  Oh, about 7K posts by you ago :smileyembarrassed:).

I've been busy as well but not with video (or at least, not with playing video but with making it).  Hope the holidays are good to you and yours.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD