Could latest 2.08.13 firmware I have be the cause of not being able to see my internal drive?

Could latest 2.08.13 firmware I have be the cause of not being able to see my internal drive?

I went to use my WD TV Live Hub earlier this week and I can no longer see or use my internal storage hard drive any more.  I have done everything.  I’ve tried resetting to factory defaults, changing settings and nowhere can I see my internal hardware.  I tried using WD Discovery to find it and it doesn’t show up.  I can’t map the drive, etc.  I have everything on this drive: my movies, tv shows, all my music, all my pictures I’ve ever taken.  I’m sure its still on the drive and should not have been erased but can’t be read.   Any suggestions?  I’m desperate and tried so many things.  Should I roll back my firmware? And how?   Let me know. Thank you so much.

When you turn your WD TV Live Hub on, do you get a message saying no HHD or media present?

Also, you can try to roll back the firmware:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860

No   when I turn on  player  it opens up as normal.  No messages, etc.  Just when I go to files, videos, pictures, music, etc.  and then I choose the internal storage to show the files, it says nothing on the drive.  Any other ideas?

You do not mention if you have connected the drive to a PC ? Do that and then you will know.

It might even fix it and when you connect it to the Hub again, it might be ok.

I’m in the same boat. I cant retrive any of my files…or map my drive…i need some help…so frustrated.

BTW ive rolled back and still nothing.

so up set at the moment 

someone come to my rescue!

Are you really?  I’m still trying to roll back the firmware and can’t even do that and I’m very good with computers!  This is so frustrating!  Had this a couple months, like it alot for the most part despite a few clitches in videos, etc. but now I can’t even find the interior drive to it with all my personal files!  It stil under warranty but what about retrieving all my files on it?  I know they are probably just there its just not showing the drive so I can’t exchange it and I can’t open up the player or it will cancel the warranty!  What in the heck to do!!!  Dang. 

Yeah this is bad.

Im also semi decent with PC’s…thats why im so frustrated.

EVEN with the roll back i did…not sure how i got it back to 2.07 but i did. THIS **bleep** thing still wont recognize my files.

I’m trying to roll back to 2.06 with no luck.

i tried an auto update of  2.08 but i just constantly update/rebooted/updated/rebooted. ANOTHER FAIL!

i just want to beable to map and view my files again  /cry

i’ll be calling WD tomorrow.

I read somewhere they charge you to call in!   That **bleep**!

I’m good with pc’s but how do I directly connect the player to my pc?

Thanks

Ok  I did it!!! I was able to roll back my firmware to  Firmware Ver. 2.07.17

and have e turned off the automatic update firmware function.   And that has now fixed my problem with not being able to see all of my internal drive with all my movies, TV show, tons of music and my priceless pictures from my whole life!!! 

I am so relieved!

I hope this works for anyone else!  I knew it would not be lost but just scared me. 

xlglobal wrote:

Ok  I did it!!! I was able to roll back my firmware to  Firmware Ver. 2.07.17

and have e turned off the automatic update firmware function.   And that has now fixed my problem with not being able to see all of my internal drive with all my movies, TV show, tons of music and my priceless pictures from my whole life!!! 

I am so relieved!

I hope this works for anyone else!  I knew it would not be lost but just scared me. 

It’s a good time to start backing up your data don’t you think? You got lucky this time, but luck runs out and only a backup will prevent your “priceless pictures” to getting lost…