Before you update

Before you update -

Download the firmware locally (on to a USB flash drive, etc…)

As a precaution, completely power down your HUB(unplug if you want).  Then power it back on to update.

Ask yourself if there is anything in the update that you really want.    If its not  in the release notes, its probably not in there.  Dont expect anything to be changed that isnt mentioned.  And dont expect a complete change of operation or new functionality. 

IamTonyC wrote:

Before you update -

Download the firmware locally (on to a USB flash drive, etc…)

As a precaution, completely power down your HUB(unplug if you want).  Then power it back on to update.

Ask yourself if there is anything in the update that you really want.    If its not  in the release notes, its probably not in there.  Dont expect anything to be changed that isnt mentioned.  And dont expect a complete change of operation or new functionality. 

I’m gonna do a FULL reset and what he said! (If I decide to do it)

Yeah I updated through the hub itself and went through a nighmare!!! Puting the firmware on a trusted usb or ext. drive is the way. I pulled the plug after 18 hours being stuck at 0% cause it wouldn’t do anything else. so i rolled back by putting 3.00.28 files, i thinks theres 4…and put them on the root of usb stick. i formated stick pryer to rolling back and the usb stick was hanging up at 0%. like 4 times. So I transfered rollback info from stick to a ext. seagate drive, right on the root and it rolled back wonderfully. i love this hub and really want to be up to date so maybe if i see more people with sucess i will definitly try this method. thanks again.

I have been really good with upgrading directly by downloading / installing on the hub.

Just have to be pretty patient.  

it does hang out at 0% for a while - then jumps to like 10% a couple minutes later, and continues on… sometimes hanging for a minute along the way, before resuming.

I find clicking the upgrade button and either walking away for 10 minutes, or reading a book or article while it’s running seems to work ( it distracts me from staring at the progress bar. =) 

d

Well the first time doing it it was at 0% for about 15 hours, the second time was at like 8 hours still stuck at 0% and so on…and believe me… I definitly walked away everytime cause at some point I wanted to chuck the hub out the window, jk. Im just glad i got it to work again. 

I updated mine last night via ethernet connection. I’ve always done my updates that way and so far have had no problems with it.