Avoid new update!

I had done that numerous times.  I decided to roll back to previous firmware and all was well again.  Basically for all that I use it for I’m missing the updated Netflix UI, which was so much better.  But the trade off is a much more stable piece of hardware that doesnt just decide to reboot its self or lockup.

I don’t feel bad about warning other people about it, I’m sure it’s worked great for many.  It’s just crazy that all of us need to be so nervous everytime a new version is released.   If I had to do that everytime a computer operating system had a update I’d go nuts!

The fact that you havent had issues should be a warning flag for many.  We all have the same hardware with only so many ways to set it up…which is basically what wires to plug into it and where do they get plugged into.   A piece of software written by the company that makes the hardware should not be so squirrelly that some have no issues and others have major problems.  I’m glad yours still works but looking over this forum shows me many people are having trouble.  I just don’t see the reason.   It’s not 1000’s of homebuilt systems we all have, no one is swapping out video cards or cpu’s…it’s just one fairly simple piece of hardware that we all have without user modifications.

Very sloppy on WD’s end.

1 Like