A polite request for an official response from wd?

Dear WD Team,

Thank you for your recent firmware release version 3.03.13 which ‘seems’ to have addressed ‘some’ current bug issues to date. However, and this is a rather MASSIVE however… ONE MAJOR ISSUE  has yet to be addressed.

Support for true PNG images with Alpha transparency for both FOLDERS and FILES. (1)

I could bang on and on about this issue with fervent passion, but I won’t, because this issue has been thoroughly covered and explained numerous times (too many to count) by dedicated Theme Designer’s and Live Hub users on various, if not all, sections of the WD TV live HUB community. (2)

I will however kindly ask if the WD Team can provide the community with an official comment upon this issue, so as to at

the very least, provide some answers and direction to WD’s current stance on future developments of the hub and future theming parameters.

Your response will be avidily awaited by myself to alleviate my complete and utter frustration on this matter.

Kind Regards

Architectonic

(1). There are other issues which are stiffling theme designer’s work. Again these issues have been raised before and again further details can be provided to the WD team if required.

(2). I can forward links to posts if so required.

EDIT

PS. Any fellow community members who would like to ‘sign the petition’ so to speak! Please feel free… A simple Agree or Disagree would be sufficient, BUT the more comments the better, which could hopefully strengthen OUR voice for a response. 

EDIT 03-03-2012

Thanks for all your genuine support on this matter, and in reponse to IamTonyC I will be adding links to the absolute numerous posts on this issue to try and provide an audible VOLUME of our voice to WD!

PS- I don’t want to profess but previous shouting has not been heared by the WD TEAM and so maybe a whisper might wake someone up?

7 Likes

Signing in Bold…

Agree…

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the PNG FIX, for this night and all the nights to come.

pissed myself at last post :laughing:

Whole heartly AGREE with this.

Dunk

@ dunkebaby

Me too… but less not distract.  :wink:

I agree.

wdtvhub strikes again. lol… very funny

even tho i dont own one now… it would make me consider getting one again… so agree 100%

Agree. Bought my hub the week it came out. Still waiting…

+1 ZILLION!

They need to Open this thing up for us to “Jail Break” and XBMC needs to Take over WD’s Programming. LOL! 

I agree. Just that simple.

Amen to that brothers

architectonic wrote:

Dear WD Team,

Thank you for your recent firmware release version 3.03.13 which ‘seems’ to have addressed ‘some’ current bug issues to date. However, and this is a rather MASSIVE however… ONE MAJOR ISSUE  has yet to be addressed.

Support for true PNG images with Alpha transparency for both FOLDERS and FILES. (1)

I could bang on and on about this issue with vermont passion, but I won’t, because this issue has been thoroughly covered and explained numerous times (too many to count) by dedicated Theme Designer’s and Live Hub users on various, if not all, sections of the WD TV live HUB community. (2)

I will however kindly ask if the WD Team can provide the community with an official comment upon this issue, so as to at

the very least, provide some answers and direction to WD’s current stance on future developments of the hub and future theming parameters.

Your response will be avidily awaited by myself to alleviate my complete and utter frustration on this matter.

Kind Regards

Architectonic

(1). There are other issues which are stiffling theme designer’s work. Again these issues have been raised before and again further details can be provided to the WD team if required.

(2). I can forward links to posts if so required.

EDIT

PS. Any fellow community members who would like to ‘sign the petition’ so to speak! Please feel free… A simple Agree or Disagree would be sufficient, BUT the more comments the better, which could hopefully strengthen OUR voice for a response. 

Perhaps you could include the links in the orignal post.  Some of the readers may not be familar with the issue/defect.

Thanks

I agree

I agree!

I wholeheartedly agree!

Agree!

wdtvhub wrote:
Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the PNG FIX, for this night and all the nights to come.

Game of Thrones.  I love it.

As for a response, I’m looking into this now.

3 Likes

Hi Bill,

Thanks very much for your reply. Any idea of timescales?