3.03.13: Not possible to connect to Windows 7 Shares

After upgrading to 3.03.31 my Hub can’t no longer access the shares on my Windows 7 Desktop, i get an “invalid user or password” error.

I downgraded to 3.01.19 and everything is working again. WD can you please get your act together with these upgrades ???

Hi, try updating to the latest firmware and disable password protected sharing from Control Panel/Network and Internet/ Network and Sharing Center/Change advance network settings.

I’m sorry but that’s not an option in my case, and besides, if it worked on the previous version, it’s logical to suppose it will work on future releases. To me it looks like the changelog WD is providing is incomplete.

You say that. But I am also on Win 7 and my shares are still the same and working fine. I am sure a lot of others are as well, just another strange thing how it can affect different people.

like wdtvhub says… my windows 7 shares work fine (although no password) infact it was only when i went from 2.08 to 3.03 that my shares started to work fine.

Maybe just as a proof, do like it was suggested and remove the password and see if it works… that would elimate if its just a password issue.

elfarto wrote:

After upgrading to 3.03.31 my Hub can’t no longer access the shares on my Windows 7 Desktop, i get an “invalid user or password” error.

I downgraded to 3.01.19 and everything is working again. WD can you please get your act together with these upgrades ???

You could try clearing the logins for network shares on the Hubs Network options and re-entering the passwords.

Can someone check if network sharing to a password protected windows 7 share is working on the latest firmware release 3.0.3.16 ?

elfarto wrote:

Can someone check if network sharing to a password protected windows 7 share is working on the latest firmware release 3.0.3.16 ?

Yes, it is working. I’m sharing videos from a password protected Windows 7 share to my hub with no problems on that firmware.