1000GB Network only getting 8.2mbps read/writes from WD hub?

This thread is somewhat confused by the misuse of abbreviations… as I understand it M b ps or M b /s = mega bits per second and M B ps or M B /s = mega bytes per second. There being an eight fold difference between the two.

I have run my WDTV Live Hub via wireless N and achieved erratic speeds between 1 and 3 MB/s. The network was fine but the performance of the WDTV with wireless was too erratic and slow. I have now cabled it direct and using a Netgear Gigabit router can achieve a steady transfer rate of 15MB/s (120Mbps)

Whilst 120 Mbps is well below the gigabit rate of 1 Gbps, (but above the 100 Mbps older network standard), it would appear this is the internal limit of the WDTV Live Hub, as mentioned by others in this thread. When running PC to PC on my Gigabit wired network I obtain speeds around 750 Mbps

Hard wiring my WDTV Live Hub has made it much more “friendly” in use as I transfer all my video from the computer prior to viewing. I just transferred 9GB in 10 minutes which is totally acceptable to me.