v2.3 released: WDTVHubGen - Looks up Movies, TV Shows and creates XML for the Hub

flhthemi wrote:

Thumbgen isn’t working either so don’t get your panties in a bunch. It’s The Movie Database changing the app these guys use in their software and until they update the software, not much is going to work properly. So hang tight, it probably won’t be long and the world will be right again. :slight_smile:

As a temporary fix for Thumbgen I have been using “Blu-Ray.com” as the main collector, removing TMDB, and it works reasonably well. Though in TG is indicates that  blu-ray.com does not pull from IMDB, I am getting that data including user stars etc. It will always give you the blu-ray cover and some films do not have any F1 art, but both the cover and the fanart can be pulled from your local drive if you download it first from a search engine. I use google with the images tab and can always find a cover and a decently scaled pic or two for my linksheet. This wont work for a lot of movies, assuming ones that have not made it to Blu-Ray, but has worked out okay for 5 or so that I have needed Linksheets for.

Hope it helps for those who cannot waiit until this is solved

-P

1 Like