v2.3 released: WDTVHubGen - Looks up Movies, TV Shows and creates XML for the Hub

It wasn’t working for any movie, the latest one was A Monster in Paris but installing the latest one everything seems to be working again

Hi Thanks for the great WDTV tool.  I’m having a slight issue with my movies folder and was wondering if you can help.

Any movie that it finds that has a “:” e.g “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy” the program seems to rename it as “Anchorman- The Legend of Ron Burgundy” so it looks as though its replacing the “:” with a “-”.

Is there anyway around this as I would prefer to have just a space instead of the “-” character immediately after the first word of the film.

Any help appreciated and keep up the great work :wink:

Edit : I am currently using version 2.1.1

Would be great if this program could handle tvdb episodes in DVD order and if it could handle specials.

I know there is another program on here that can do that but it doesn’t rename my files like this program so it just causes me a lot of work.

Would it be possible to get the tool to support airing order?

For example Star Trek TOS - There is a DVD and an airing order. I’d like to be able to tell the tool which set to use, because if your files are named for the wrong type, you’ll get the wrong XML for each episode.

Oh yeah, For some reason it has issues with a file named “Terra Nova S01E12-13” - finds everything else that season, and the episode does exist in tvdb

Otherwise, awesome tool - lovin using it!

NoSlack, just a quick thanks on the new release 2.1.1. I am so happy that the IMDB overide now works. I collect older (classic ) movies and they are all on IMDB but some are missing from TMDB. In the past I was writing my own XML file and then finding pics for the covers, doable but a pain. Now, it works great.

I finaly got around to ripping my Charlie Chan collection which is over 40 movies, and around 5 were not in TMDB, so adding the the IMDB# solved my issue perfectly. Thanks for all the hard work,  I love your app, it’s the only one I use for TV and movies.

NOTE : I did come across one move that was in IMDB, that even entering the #, HubGen was unable to comeup with the the data, not sure why. Not a big deal as I just made the XML for it, but I found it interesting that HubGen could not pick up the IMDB #.

Movie: Eran Trece (1931)

IMDB#: tt0132118 ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0132118/)

For some reason HubGen doesn’t like that one and wont scrape the data, but like I said above, a real minor issue based on the Hundreds of movies and TV series that your app has worked great on.

Thanks for all the hard work and I love the new version

-P

Awesome piece of software :slight_smile:

Just one question: is there any way to specify the resolution of the backbrops that get linked to in the .XML?

Even better, could an option be added in order to link to local files and download the backdrops (directly into the movie folder, for instance).

Thanks and keep up the good work :slight_smile:

I dont think there is a resolution option - the images are basicly thumbnails being blown up. Each episode only has 1, so in all honesty I’d prefer an option to gather all the screenshots for a season and attach them all to every episode (perhaps in a random order so the image changes when moving between episodes?) - the only other options would be A.) get tvdb to include more and higher quality images per-season, or B.) use a secondary source for backdrops.

Hi, NoSlack913

Is development still active on this? If so, what’s in the pipeline for future releases?

Also, is there any way to donate? :slight_smile: In my book, you sure have earned it.

Thanks in advance!

I keep getting crashes/exceptions for almost every show/movie.

Any idea ? Running on win7 32bits, french version.

System.InvalidOperationException: Il existe une erreur dans le document XML (8, 8). —> System.FormatException: Le format de la chaĂźne d’entrĂ©e est incorrect.

(incorrect format for input string)

Ă  System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
Ă  System.Number.ParseDecimal(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
Ă  TheMovieDB.TmdbMovie.set_PopularityAsString(String value)
Ă  Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderTmdbMovieSearchResults.Read10_TmdbMovie(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
Ă  Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderTmdbMovieSearchResults.Read11_TmdbMovieSearchResults(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
Ă  Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderTmdbMovieSearchResults.Read12_OpenSearchDescription()
— Fin de la trace de la pile d’exception interne —
Ă  System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
Ă  System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(TextReader textReader)
Ă  TheMovieDB.TmdbAPI.GetMovieInfo(Int32 id, String language)
Ă  WDTVHubGen.frmMainForm.LoadMovieByID(Int32 Id, VideoItem item, Int32 cd1, Int32 cd2)
Ă  WDTVHubGen.frmMainForm.manuallySearchForTitleToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
Ă  System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
Ă  System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
Ă  System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
Ă  System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
Ă  System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
Ă  System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
Ă  System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
Ă  System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
Ă  System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
Ă  System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
Ă  System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
Ă  System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
Ă  System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
Ă  System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
Ă  System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
Ă  System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys chargés **************
mscorlib
Version de l’assembly : 4.0.0.0
Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)
CodeBase : file:///F:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

WDTVHubGen
Version de l’assembly : 1.0.3.0
Version Win32 : 1.0.3.0
CodeBase : file:///J:/WTD/WDTVHubGen.v2.1.1.stable/WDTVHubGen

Hi,

I have seen this error before, it has to do with french system doing a lookup and write out in english.  there is a simple fix. let me look around and post it for you.

Jeff

I changed my OS (win7) language from french to english and it worked. Only a workaround, but at least it works.

Excellent job, thanks for all the effort!

Sorry if this has been posted before, but how can I get this awesome programme to save the folder.jpg in the series folder?

At the moment it saves a folder.jpg for season 1, season 2 etc but for the actual show itself, nothing. So when browsing on my WD live it’s all blank until I jump into a show folder.

I have to currently make my own folder.jpg’s but is there an option I’ve missed to enable it?

Error loading data for a tv show in format with episode 0 (normally used for pilots) “series.s01e00”.

Error Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Inner Exception: No Inner Exception.

Stack Trace:   at WDTVHubGen.frmMainForm.LoadSeriesByID(Int32 id, VideoItem item)

Most likely an issue related to not treating 0 as a value but as null instead.

Love the program btw but there are loads of errors in the current or ‘beta’ version even. There are some noticable problems with the program ‘assuming’ things, for example if i load in the data and then change things slightly (say i remove data thats currently there on the WDTV itself) then you get constant errors trying to handle the file.

An option to have images (re)named .jpg/.metathumb would be nice, having a large collection half with one extention half with the other is a little messy.

Capilalisation would be another nice option if only for display purposes inside the program.

Dealing with large numbers of files is also a little cumbersome, setting it going ‘freezes’ the program and is not cancellable plus when prompted with suggestions it is impossible to know which file the program is requesting the information for, with highly variable results it becomes a guessing game (quite a few of my films were miss idenfied this way and i had to manually check each and correct over a thousand files.

Just some simple foolish questions

Once I have downloaded this as a .zip or .rar, do all the files have to be directly extracted to the Hub or can they be extracted to a local hard drive?

Also, when running this software, can it be run stand-alone where i can just select a file and it generates and saves in that folder?

OR

Does it have to be extracted into the same folder as the destination folder of the video file?

All Responses are appreciated.

Thank You

1. You save the files and run the program from your computer, not from the hub.

2. The program reads the name of the video files in a specified folder and will go and obtain the jpg and xml for that video file. 

Hello, Does anybody know if its possible to export the xml metadata created by wdtvhubgen to be used for xbmc. I have tons of videos (films and tv shows) on an external harddrive that have metadata created by the tvhubgen. I wanted to know if this metadata could still be used on xbmc or other media players that requires xml for their metadata. Thanks

It runs and allows me to select a folder, when I do it returns with the list of files, but if you click on any of them you get a huge error message revolving around it can’t find a jpg file.

Am I supposed to put a jpg file in for each film if I want to use it? That’s a bit of a pain.

Narny,

do you have an xml file in the same directory as these video files? if you do and they are same name, the program assumes it put them there and is trying to process them.  

a quick test, just put a single movie file (avi, mkv, etc
) into a directory and point the application at that file.

thanks

Jeff

1 Like

Yeah I’d not taken out what the hub had already generated, I went through and deleted all data, and re-ran the program, excellent results.  Everything had processed properly.  I’m very very happy.  It even put the proper cover art on all my tv series’s where the hub just puts generic art, not the correct art per series.

However I do still have one problem remaining, if I go back into the program and load up a folder that it had already processed, and click on one of the files a huge error message pops up. So rescanning and such is very hard to do, you have to time it between error messages. I’ll screen shot it if that helps.  However I will add I’m running windows 8 Pre Release. So not sure if that has something to do with it. I’m very aware that you cannot support a pre release OS, so if it’s working just fine on your system, chances are its just 8 that messes it up.  If your interested, I’m running it in 7 compatability mode with admin privs. Other than that error it works just fine and has made my life so much easier.