v2.3 released: WDTVHubGen - Looks up Movies, TV Shows and creates XML for the Hub

Great list. thanks. I"ll start working on some of those features right away.  I haven’t put it in source control yet becuase of the way I develop. I use dropbox on my home computer and travel computer (I flew 195,000 air miles last year and have already flown 33 times this year) and they “share” a common development directory so I can just literally pick up my laptop and work on it while flying, when I land it syncs and i can work from home without copying and without “checkign in and out” from a repository.  hmmmm I’ll have to think about using one now, because I would love the help. :slight_smile:

The directory thing was a choice I made because I organize all of my shows/movies by genre and not by individual directory, so I have a full directory of season 4 of chuck, not a directory full of directories…    Making it recursive (or just allowing .net’s getfiles to search below directories is easy, what I will have to do is extend my object model to allow for a full path and not a relative one… easy enough, just will require a lot of testing… I’ll work on it this evening)

The feature request of “document how to name your tv show/movie” that is one of hte features that originally started this effort. I wanted a program that would “filter” all of the uploaded naming bs out of the title for me, I have almost 1200 movies and probably 50 TV series, all with ■■■■ download names that I wanted fixed.  That is why the config file has the “removewords” sections, it was a list of all of the garbage that gets removed by the filtering in teh program.  ultimately even that wasn’t enough so I added “aggressive” lookup which is supposed to just find the first two words and look/search for them.  One of my biggest complaints is that themoviedb.org has a very strict search regimen, doesn’t allow wild cards, but I recently learned it will actually allow single words, so I might play with the aggressive search algorithm a little.

Configurable naming of movies/tv shows. love the idea, what kind fo elements do you guys want? tell me now so I can think about the best way to do this (probably replacement strings like thumbgen does)

languages. yikes. ok.

a config screen… yeah, that is in the works, but surprisingly i want to make it flexible, so I will get back to you on it.

thanks for all of the feedback… love it!

Jeff