v2.3 released: WDTVHubGen - Looks up Movies, TV Shows and creates XML for the Hub

Looks great!

As discussed before, if you don’t mind sharing the code please make a project page for it on eg. code.google.com . Then you have immediately a bug-tracker, source control (if you haven’t used subversion yet, I don’t have a lot of experience with it either but I put two small project there a few weeks ago and I love tortoiseSVN to retrieve the code, check in/out,… works great!),…

http://code.google.com/p/wdtvlivemetadataloader/

Some feature requests after first quick check (in order of importance):

• Search movies recursive through the subdirectories (no rocket science, but I have the code for this, it is available in the project I linked to above, so you can take the code there, of I can give it, or I can build it in…) 

• In the list, a right-click/“Explore file path” would be practical to go immediately to the colder containing the movie.TV show) 

• Documentation on how to name your movie/TV show files to have the best search results

• A screen to choose the settings in the config file would make it easier to use the tool…

• Automatic fetching of subtitles

• Would be nice to be able to choose the language in which the meta-data is fetched…

• Rename movies automatically using a standard (or configurable) naming convention + each movie in seperate folder or not) 

• A trailer for a TV show would be nice (I think I have some code lying around for that as well) 

• … inpiration comes with using a tool ;-)…

And, as mentioned before, I don’t mind contributing… your tool is a lot more advanced than mine at the moment, so it’s better to combine efforts starting from the most advanced code base…