Upgrade to firmware 2.08

hi ya,

new box plugged in… and i have the option to upgrade to firmware 2.08.13 current firmware is 2.03.24?

should i do it, what firmware is the one people are sticking with until the 3.x release fixes bug for themes.

thx

2.07.17 is fairly stable and works with a number of themes. If you’ve already updated to 2.08.13 and see issues, consider downgrading to 2.07.17.

It could even upgrade to the next one and then to the newest one

I just got the hub last week and also had this option. Instead I went to the website and downloaded the latest firmware (3.01.19) and put it on a USB flash drive. Haven’t had any issues.

Running fine on latest firmware also.

Based on the posts in this forum, there are hub’s that work’s fine with the latest firmware and there are those that are having problems. You’ll never know what’s yours unless you try or you can be on the safe side and not to upgrade. BTW, mine works fine every firmware upgrade that I did.

thanks… i was thinking more about what themes i can use here which seem to be at 2.07 support only.

still trying to workout how to actually use these themes and what pre-work i need to do to the media before being copied over to the hub. but hey dont learn without trying. :slight_smile:

You can run themes on the latest firmware, you just lose some of the pieces like the png transparency etc which I am sure someone else can explain a lot better than I. I am personally running mojo on 3.01.09 and very happy with it. I get a pretty decent theme that functions well, and I also get all the new features of the 3x firmware series which I would not want to be without.

I have several computers, a hub and a liveplus which all have movies, music and pictures on them. The below capability alone makes the HUB so much better I cannot imagine not moving to the 3x firmware

• Supports adding network share folders into “My Media Library” (Use options button).

Info on the cpabilities of the latest FW here

Good luck on your choice, but in my view you can have the best of both worlds if you are willing to get a  little less out of your theme. The upside of 3.01.09 is just to great for me to be stuck in the 2x FW versions.

-P

Pearl, thanks for pointing out that you can map Network Shares to the Library… i can now connect to PC fine… but its a pain having to keep selecting source and flipping between Local & Lan.

Haven’t try the theme fully yet… far to much prep work so trying to find a common ground on what i want and what the HUB can give easily and not having to manage it when adding something new.

Kazgor wrote:

Pearl, thanks for pointing out that you can map Network Shares to the Library… i can now connect to PC fine… but its a pain having to keep selecting source and flipping between Local & Lan.

Haven’t try the theme fully yet… far to much prep work so trying to find a common ground on what i want and what the HUB can give easily and not having to manage it when adding something new.

As Pearl said if you use the latest firmware you can add the Local and Lan locations to the Media Library and they will show up in one listing. You don’t need to change locations unless you use the Folder view.

not sure i really want 1 listing… (to hard to please) as that would imply it will show duplicates… ie may have just copied folders over to the HUB.

but i guess thats down to organisation… haven’t decide yet the best way to do it yet.

Kazgor wrote:

not sure i really want 1 listing… (to hard to please) …

For me, best way to handle that is to have most of your stuff on a different machine / file server / NAS etc. You can then add specific shares/folders to your media library and you see the list of folders that you want to see. Example: When I go to videos it shows me a folders of all my movie genres. Looks great, easy to find stuff, no looking at folders I dont want to see.

-P