"Compiling Media Library..." every time i turn it on

Hi all,

Similar problem for me.  I’m new to this class of device and installed mine on the weekend.  It’s connected to an XP PC (via EoP) that has thousands of photos and videos on it - stuff that I want to leave on the PC.

After several frustrating hours I found the article on workgroup settings (if it’s so important for the Hub - and wasn’t required on previous devices - I’d expect it to be covered off before pg 130+ in the manual!) and now have my hub viewing some content on the shared drive.

After a device restart via the menu, the Hub started compiling media library last night.  Several hours later I went to bed with it still saying compiling.  This morning it was still going, so I switched it off with the RCU and power cycled it. Straight away it starts compiling again - I left for work an hour later and it was still going.

Is there something else I should do if it’s still compiling when I get home, or does it normally take this long?

I want to love this device but am finding lots of reasons to regret my purchase.

Allan