Please help no Appearance as an option in setup

after using my SMP i decided to go back and use my hub for a while,i had previously installed the titan live theme so when i go to setup,appearance it shows the mochi theme as well as the titan live but when i click on titan live it reverts  back to the mochi theme,

so i then went to the hub web page to reinstall the theme but there is no appearance as an option,i have tried re setting to factory defaults but still no appearance,
i just do not know what to do,does anybody have any suggestions of how i can resolve this
many thanks for any assistance
lionek

well, i’m confused … 1st you say you have an “Appearance” option

lionelK wrote:

when i go to setup,appearance it shows the mochi theme as well as the titan live

and then you say you don’t

lionelK wrote:

but there is no appearance as an option

:confounded:

hello

sorry for the confusion, when i start up the hub i go to setup then appearance then user interface themes and it shows titan live 1,5,36,i then click on the interface themes and it shows the two themes first mochi then titan live 1,5,36,

i then click on the titan them and,the titan home page comes up but when i click on apply theme it goes right back to the mochi,theme

i then with my computer i went to the player browser page thinking that i could just reinstall the theme however when i go to the browser page there is no appearance option it shows only

system

remote

media

RSS

support

but no appearance,

i hope i have explained it clearly,i have no idead what to do about it

many thanks

lionelk

sorry i forgot to mention that i reset the player to factory defaults but no change

lionelk

There is NO “Appearance” option in the Live Hub’s Web Interface… you’re thinking about the SMP which Does have the “Appearance” option

to install a theme on the WDTV Live Hub

Download the theme … Unzip it… then copy’n’paste it into … 

\WDTVLIVEHUB\WDTVLiveHub.wd_tv\theme

also … make sure the theme is not in a subfolder eg.  \WDTVLIVEHUB\WDTVLiveHub.wd_tv\theme\Titan\Titan

cus that won’t work

also how are you reseting the Live Hub ?  via the Menu options or the Reset hole ?  try both i guess

try another theme (or re-download) in case the theme may be corrupt

many thanks joey its been a long time since i used the hub but i still do not know how to find

\WDTVLIVEHUB\WDTVLiveHub.wd_tv\theme sorry for my ignorance

lionelk

i found it,many thanks for your kind assitance joey

best regards

lionelk

*EDIT*  ok, no probs :smiley:

Map the Live Hub as a Network Drive

Either download WD Discovery Tool    http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=1010&sid=206&lang=en

or in my Windows 7 it automatically appears as a Network Drive

also remember … you have to have view hidden files and folders to see the .wd_tv folder

Hi Joey

i will definitely set it up now as a network drive,i woud like to ask one last question,

as the hub with its internal drive has the space can i assume that i could copy and paste all four versions of the titan live theme into the same directory and change them back and forth simply by going to the user interface themes

many tyhanks again

best regards

lionelk

lionelK wrote:

Hi Joey

i assume that i could copy and paste all four versions of the titan live theme into the same directory and change them back and forth simply by going to the user interface themes

hi joey

that more than adequatley answers my question,i have toyed a little with your PM4 theme it looks really great and i want to try it but i need to understnad a little about the GRID,i installed it once but could not get the home screen working correctly but i will keep at it as i really want to use it,

many thanks again for everything

lionelk

The WDTV Live Hub does not have the GRID UI … only the SMP (2.02.32) & WDTV Media Player (All Firmwares) feature the GRID UI.

The PM4WD is a GRID UI modification … therefore the home menu will not display properly on the Live Hub (the rest of the theme will display fine)

I did play around with a horizonal menu (the Live Hub can’t do a vertical menu as seen in the PM4WD theme)

but was’nt satisfied with it … anyways, lost motivation, bought a RPi2 loaded up XBMC (Kodi) and have’nt done much themeing since then

Start a theme for Kodi! I loved your Hub stuff!

You, Tinwarble and Devicious (sp?) were at the top of your game! You should carry on with Kodi themes.

flhthemi wrote:

You, Tinwarble and Devicious (sp?) were at the top of your game! You should carry on with Kodi themes.

i used to tinker with skins on the original XBOX with XBMC (well before i bought a WDTV, which i only bought because the XBOX could’nt handle 720/1080P video)

the xml structure is completely different and a lot more complex than creating themes for wdtv’s

besides, there’s already a heap of skins (+ mods)  for XBMC (Kodi)

JoeySmyth wrote:

flhthemi wrote:

i used to tinker with skins on the original XBOX with XBMC (well before i bought a WDTV, which i only bought because the XBOX could’nt handle 720/1080P video)

the xml structure is completely different and a lot more complex than creating themes for wdtv’s

besides, there’s already a heap of skins (+ mods)  for XBMC (Kodi)

Yeah there are a lot of skins. I’m a fan of CCM for Helix but I think it’s days are numbered. I don’t know what I’ll do when it doesn’t work any more as there isn’t anything I’ve found yet that lets me do what it does.

“Confluence” is the Default Skin for XBMC (Kodi) …

CCM - Confluence Customizable Mod … is just a custom mod of it

Hey … all those “Broken / Incompatible” Skins ?

I’m running Aeon Nox 4.0, Alaska HD, PM3HD, JX720 etc. all on 16.0 IIsengard

edit the addon.xml and remove the dependencies and rezip  :smiley: