Occasional Visitor
oli_ferns

'play to' not working on windows 7 'wd tv live hub'

I have a wd tv live hub and I have 2 windows 7 x64 sp1 laptops. The 'play to' feature on works on laptop A but does not on laptop B. The 'play to' feature actually enables you to play your music/ movies on your big screen via the wd live hub from the laptop. 

On the non working laptop, it shows the busy circle and gives up after a minute without any error message.Check the screenshot-
The working laptop is a clean install with no third party programs installed.
-I've tried the following on the non working laptop-
disabling the firewall and auto-protect feature of Norton Internet security 2012
-Creating a new user profile
Both of the above haven't worked. My next steps would probably be a clean boot or a complete uninstall of Norton.
Just wanted to know if anyone has been through this before and if you've managed to get around the problem.
Update-
A complete uninstall of Norton or a clean boot has not worked.
Wondering if vlc player could be a problem here
Thanks
Honored Contributor
Wizer

Re: 'play to' not working on windows 7 'wd tv live hub'

Can you access the problematic computer as a shared resource from the hub?

There are some settings that might need to be tweaked but not that familiar with "play to"

I just access the files as a media server or shared folders on my computer

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD