No folder art only file art

Hello. May someone please point me to a solution for this.

I have a Blu ray of a concert.

I ripped them down to mkv files. 5 of them

one being the main concert, another being behind the scenes stuff, another being music video and extras, etc.

What I am trying to do is make a folder (for example ) Rush Time Machine and put

all the individual mkvs in this folder. I was able to get media info and cover art fot the individual mkv files, but not the main folder.

How can I get the folder show cover art.

Thanks again…Joe

There are several threads on this, although I cannot find the one I consider to be the best. This one should suffice: http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/Folder-Icons-and-Movie-art-change-them/m-p/202958/highlight/true#M10785 I think you only have to change the folder name to .iso if you are going to create an XML file for metadata

1 Like

thanks for showing me the way…

Before the most recent firmware upgrade, my folder art worked but since then I get file art as my folder icon instead of the folder icon. Has anyone else had this issue?

I guess it’s only me then

StuN_UK wrote:
I guess it’s only me then

No you are not alone. My folder.jpg files would not display. This goes back as far as FW 2.04 for me. I just decided to create my folder cover art in the png format. so now my folder covers are named Folder.png. No problems since I started doing this.  I was seeing backdrops as folder art, I never figured out why. Even deleting the thumb folder (WDTVLIVEHUB\WDTVLiveHub.wd_tv\thumb), unplugging the hub and plugging it back in didn’t fix things. But using .pngs has worked for me so I’m sticking with it.

You should vote to fix this issue here and read what replies there are to the complaint:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Issue-Reporting/folder-jpg-not-displaying-in-UI-when-a-lt-moviename-gt-metathumb/idi-p/315585

Read more here:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/Please-Help-Folder-icons-WILL-NOT-work-for-me/m-p/327197/highlight/true#M16494

You can try this

Create all the folder images 1st

Copy each one to the hubs folders

Go to your PC and access the hub’s hidden folder (.wd_tv)

Inside .wd_tv you will find a folder titled “thumb” - delete it the hub will make a new one

Power the hub all the way down by either unplugging it from the wall socket or pulling the power plug out of the back of it or using the remote’s Power button (hold it down for about 5 seconds)

count to ten then power it back on

If this doesn’t work and the same problem is still there then do it again. The hub sometimes will re-create the thumb folder before you have time to power the unit off. I generally delete that folder then wait a few seconds and if it gets rebuilt by  the Hub I’ll delete it a second time THEN power it down.

Good luck!

Thanks for he info

As far as your seeing backdrops as folder art, I read that the hub will display the first legit jpeg in the folder, even if it’s not named “folder.jpg”. I just recently tried putting in some generic genre folder thumbs that someone posted and instead of those, I got thumbs of the first movie in each genre folder. Which makes me think, why bother with “folder.jpg”. Why not just name a picture with a “1” in front so it is listed first in the folder?

Cosber wrote:

As far as your seeing backdrops as folder art, I read that the hub will display the first legit jpeg in the folder, even if it’s not named “folder.jpg”. I just recently tried putting in some generic genre folder thumbs that someone posted and instead of those, I got thumbs of the first movie in each genre folder. Which makes me think, why bother with “folder.jpg”. Why not just name a picture with a “1” in front so it is listed first in the folder?

I’m pretty sure I tried that too, with no joy, which is why I switched to a .png file. No problem finding Folder.png…OK look I’m 61, I don’t wanna have to remember what the 1folder.jpg is later on in the day :)