My WDTV hub freezes when recording from my pc

Happens every time I am downloading from my PC to the WDTV and it is VERY frustrating. Happens several times even while trying to copy a single file, be it a movie or a short episode. Any solutions???

Hi, how are you trying to move the files? Have you tried to copy the files from a USB memory/hard drive connected directly to the WDTV?

Hey there, I am connecting WDTV with my pc via wireless, and according to the WDTV setup everything works fine. But every time I try to copy anything my WDTV just freezes and I have to turn it off and back on again.

Hi again and sorry for the delay, the problem could be caused by a low wireless signal. As a troubleshooting step, try moving the WDTV closer to the wireless router to verify if the problem happens again, if possible also try using an Ethernet cable to connect the WDTV to the router.

My pc is in the same room as the WDTV, a few feet away. And i have broadband connection with 20 mb so I don’t think it is likely to be a weak signal issue. Any suggestions?

ferpin wrote:

My pc is in the same room as the WDTV, a few feet away. And i have broadband connection with 20 mb so I don’t think it is likely to be a weak signal issue. Any suggestions?

More important, where is your wireless ROUTER in relation to all this? The WDTV and the PC both have to pass through the router, by some means, to communicate with each other. So if the router is at the other end of your domicile it could be a signal issue from one or both to the router.

I forgot to mention that the router is in the same room as the pc and the WDTV, all three sharing the same environment without walls obstructing signals.