Internal data lost ? on a WD TV Live Hub WDBABZ0010BBK

I have WD TV live hub (firmawre 3.12.13) with a 1 TO internal HD  - fill up with 900G0 of data , all this was done and set up under a PC windows 7 sp1 network and was working fine BUT afterI connected my WD TV Hub to a Mac to copy few movies.  all the data from the internal HD are not loading back!?.. the wd tv live hub interface keep saying when LOCAL STORAGE / Internal Storage is selected :  THERE IS NO MEDIA IN THE CURRENT FOLDER ?

It s look like the Internal HD of the WD TV hub does not load anymore?.. if it was a accessible USB cable HD I could try to repair it with WD drives utilities but as it is only accessible with network how do you repair that contents pls?

A couple of suggestions:

1. Post in the Correct Forum … This is the Live & Live Plus Forum

WDTV Live Hub Issue Reporting Forum: http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Issues/idb-p/Issues_LiveHub

WDTV Live Hub Issue Discussions Forum: http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Discussions/bd-p/wdtvlivehub

2.Clear the Media Library and then Power Cycle (Shut down,unplug,wait a few seconds,then power on)

1. A Factory Reset ? (this does Not delete the contents of the Internal HDD)

Setup > System > Device Reset > Reset All Settings Back to Factory Default

4.The Reset Hole under the device (use a paper clip) press and hold for no longer than 2 seconds.

One other thing, can you map the drive to your PC using the WD Discovery Tool? to see if the files are there.

http://support.wd.com/product/download.asp?groupid=1010&sid=206&lang=en

OK, ty  for the correct Forum…

Before to make a post ,I have done all what you suggested (factory reset , device reset via setup/system) , I also removed wd discovery and re-install it from a new WDDiscovery.msi (my idea was to clear the driver and re-install it ) but contents did not show up again , when you said clear the media Library what do you mean exactly? Beside all it was done so far

A) by the way the driver I see for the WDTVLiveHub in C windows, system32 DRIVERS is  umbus.sys from Microsoft 2006  it is the right one? 

B) When I use WD discovery tool the map option is not lighting up only the configure option (the first one is light up)

C) my check connection is CHECK PASSED , I do not see anything in my network PC when I click on WDTVLIVEHUB (I used to have all my Canon movies showing on it)  but the contents does not show up anymore … 

D) When I log in the local Main.php in the SYSTEM/Storage status I do no see anything just a white drop box, bur down the same page I see in the footer WDTliveHub: status Good , and Usage:9342788.00T / 12876066.00T

E) I went to see the place futurshop 2 days ago where I buy it , the tech look at the box 2 min and just said the only way is to open that box grab out the HD connect on a external USB box and fix the partition that way …,

I bought it 2 months ago only it is new and was working fine until I connecting it from a PC to a MAc or perhaps it is just a coincidence , I can’t tell… 

F) the prob with the WDtvlivehub is that we can not access to the internal  HD hardware from the USB out of the WDtvlive hub box.  I am  right? , unless doing what the tech guy said open that box but then byebye warranty

if some one have one or any answers let’s me know …

WDC TotalSupport took care of it 

ty

What was the solution? Once a Hard drive is formatted in NTFS a mac can only read it, you can’t actually make changes.

Hello,

It looks like I have exactly the same issue with my WD Live hub. Could you please post some solution here so we could follow up?

i have the same problem like yours my wdtvlivehub is a gift from a friend from saudi i encounter problem after transfering movies to my wdtvlivehub using my laptop and i dont know what to do now y

I am also seeing the similar issue, kindly post the solution here. All was good with my WDTV  live hub, untill recently it stopped recognsing the internal storage, when i clicked on local storage, it says “NO media is found.” .

Please post your solution here

I have a WD USB 500 Gb drive which I attach to my WDTV Live media hub.Its name is WD5000AAD

This disc contains about 495Gb of video which I do not want to lose.

My problem is the USB drive is no longer recognised by the TV hub.It was previously recognised for many months.

I plugged the USB drive into my PC which runs Windows XP with version 3 upgrade.

The computer recognises that a USB HD is attached, but the contents ( files ) of the disc does not show.

I did a PC doctor check on the disc. It says all is working OK. It shows 495Gb of used space and 5Gb free.

I checked the cable with another disc and it is OK .

I did a reset firmware on my WD Hub.  No Result, I copied wdtvlivehub_3.12.13  No result

Does anyone know how I can get the USB HD visible to my WD TV hub.?

I am not sure if I posted this to the correct forum, never had to do this before.

Thanks

RWT1492

Not related to your question … but related to your concerns

rwt1492 wrote:

I have a WD USB 500 Gb drive which I attach to my WDTV Live media hub.Its name is WD5000AAD

This disc contains about 495Gb of video which I do not want to lose.

Always Keep BACKUPS of DATA/VIDEOS you do not want to LOSE!

Trust me, iv’e lost heaps of data years ago … not a nice feeling :cry:

Buy another 500GB HDD (they are cheap now) and do a BACKUP

Can’t backup what you can’t see… well maybe a disk image might work but you might not be able to see it there either.

Could there be a hidden folder it’s all laying in or somehow the files/folders got hidden? Do you have your PC set to show hidden files and folders?

I know I won’t ever plug a USB card reader into the hub again. It totally hosed up a SD micro card I had stuck a video on.

Joey thanks for your comment. I have purchased a 3Tb HD for the purpose of backing up the 500GB one.

Unfortunately this problem has occurred before I got to do the backup.  I need to be able to access the data to back it up.

It seems to me that a number of WD users report problems where their internal HD or USB HD cannot be seen by their WD hub.

I hope someone at WD  has noticed this and found out what causes it. Since the USB HD is reported as “working” I assume thats the case, and its something to do with files recognition. I am hesitating to open the HD case and connect the HD direct to my PC by a 40 way cable. Not too sure what to do if I did that.

Rgds

RWT1492

Hello Fihthemi, I turned on show hidden files and it does not help .

I don’t know how to do a disc image, I will have to research it.

This USB has worked fine for some months. Files became invisible sometime over Xmas.

The USB HD  originally showed on the same screen as the internal HD tab in WD Hub.

My 3Tb disc works on the hub.  Doesn’t show on same screen as the WD internal disc but shows when I change  files source.

The problematical HD  files don’t show whatever I do on the WD hub or my PC. The  problem disc shows on my PC ( but without any files showing) but it doesn’t show on the WD Hub.

Before the problem became apparent , As far as I know I havent changed anything on WD hub except sorting Internal HD video files  files into Alphanumeric  order . 

Thanks for your comment. I will avoid trying any SD card in the USB sockets.

RWT1492.

Hi,

I have the same issue as described below:

C) my check connection is CHECK PASSED , I do not see anything in my network PC when I click on WDTVLIVEHUB (I used to have all my Canon movies showing on it)  but the contents does not show up anymore … 

D) When I log in the local Main.php in the SYSTEM/Storage status I do no see anything just a white drop box, bur down the same page I see in the footer WDTliveHub: status Good , and Usage:9342788.00T / 12876066.00T

I have done "reset to factory defaults " and tried the reset button under the wd live hub, but still no result.

on top of that I can’t copy any items on the wd live hub internal disk. It just shows that no media is on the folder. 

Could someone please advice me how to proceed?

Thanks

You have to contact support at:  support.wd.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en provide them a phone number and when they can reach you. A WD`s tech will call you and will log in your computer to see if they can fix your problem.

They have done that with me and decide to replace the unit as it is under warranty. That why I said it was solved by support.  

hmm… i guess thats a solution for guys who still have valid warranty on their live hub. :frowning:

No warranty? Pull the drive from the Hub, connect it to the PC, back it up then delete all partitions on it. Remove it from the PC put it back in the Hub and run the Format command from the setup menu on the Hub. If the drive is still a good drive the Hub will partition the drive as it needs and you’ll be back in business. Then you can pull it out again hook it back up to the PC and restore your files then put it back in the Hub and be done.

But if the drive is bad, buy a replacement.

Hi, 

when you are saying: “Format command from the setup menu on the Hub”, what do you mean with it? Is there a format command in the livehub setup menu? 

Thanks, 

Hi ,

thank you for your suggestion,

Actually iam not able to see the internal storage in my Disk manager.  could you please tell me option for doing format in LIVE hub menu

To format

Setup

System

Disk Manager

Select Drive from popup

Format or Exit on next popup

You will loose everything when you format so backup first and make a physical check of your backed up files. Then once you KNOW you have good data on your backup format the hub. Also will help to have NO other drives connected to the hub so you don’t format the wrong one. 

If the drive does not show in the Disk Manager it’s bad,  or has a problem, the hub has a problem or it might have come disconnected (doubt that).