Content info without pictures

The search for information about movies always worked, but suddenly he find all the information written the film but does not download the images, everything is black. Name, synopsis, everything works, but the images and cover the film is black. Has anyone seen this ?. I’ve done reset factory setting, but did not solve anything.

1 Like

Yes!  I’ve noticed this too.  It worked a day ago and then suddenly stopped working.  I thought it was me.

The service provider changed the service.  They changed the URLs used to access artwork.

The API calls to “api.themoviedb.org” that the WDTV Live Hub makes are version 2.1 calls The themoviedb.org site informed its users to change to version 3 calls over two yesrs ago.

Starting just this week Feb 2015 - the use of cf2.imgobject.com for all images - fetching of the metathumb and all reference in the xml are INVALID. themoviedb.org chnage its image URL to image.tmdb.org.

The following is the returned metathumb file ( which is supposed to be a JPG file)  contents:

404 Not Found

404 Not Found

nginx

In testing with a friend that has the newer WD TV Media Player - his unit generates the CORRECT metathumb and xml files.  So it is not that WD does not know how to make the changes to the WD TV Live HUB - it a mater of “Lagecy” support.

I am using HubFlow v1.6.2 as a tempory measure - hoping that WD will fix the Firmware - I do not want new features but just a working “Get Info”.

The argument that the “Service” has changed things does not let WD off the hook for a product that they released using a “Public” Internet infomation service.

The_Cats wrote:

The argument that the “Service” has changed things does not let WD off the hook for a product that they released using a “Public” Internet infomation service. 

Sure it does…Frustrating?  Yes.  But that’s technology.   If they hadn’t changed APIs until the year 2020, would you still expect WD to push a fix to the Hub?  If not, then it’s just a matter of degrees…

It’s unreasonable to expect any product which has reached End of Support to continue getting updates just because things that are out of their control get changed.

If I’m reading the “histories” correctly, TMDB’s v3 API was opened for testing in October 2013; only 1.5 years ago (not “over two years ago.”   The Hub’s final update was released in July of 2013 – three months prior.

https://www.themoviedb.org/talk/526963d5760ee3490201c360

Where do I find this HubFlow v1.6.2? I found WDTV live hub autogenerator, but it does not work well. My WDlive hub is the old model, no longer see firmware update for a year. Will fix this or that model was forgotten by WD?

I found it.

Thanks.

Testing 2/26/2015 - the cf2.imgobject.com domain is back up and being re-directed to image.tmdb.org.

I have no problem with “Get info” from TMDB.