Compiling media library

I’ve just set up the WD TV live. I wish to play movies from a WD drive. I connected drive and unlocked. It has now been updating media library fro some considerable time now. How long do you give it before you start to think that there is a problem? I was unable to update the firmware previously. The movies may be in their own folder in the drive. Does TV live access each folder? Will it be able to access all folders and subfolders or will this create a problem? 

The first time it compiles your media library can take quite a while depending on the size of your attached HD.

Depends on your file structure, # of shows etc… but after it writes the wd_tv files initially, it loads the database a lot quicker.  

It can take hours to write, some leave it go overnight.  Best not to watch and wait… it’s like a pot of water set to boil. 

Thanks. I thought that there was an error. I downloaded latest firmware and it had to restart. I thought that this was my chance to disconnect the hard drive. Apparently not!! I’ll wait till last thing tonight and let it compile the library.