Back up WD TV Live Hub

Hello,

Backing up the WD TV Live Hub is easy.  First you may want to get some software from Western Digital which I believe is called “WD Discovery with installer”.  Once you have that installed you will then be able to see the drive(s) attached to your WD TV Live Hub (internal and external) on your computer.  You’ll be able to access your files from the Gigabit ethernet port pretty easily.  In my experience using the media player it is pretty slow when it comes to moving or copying files.  Especially true if you are moving or copying many files or large amounts (as in many GigaBytes) at a time.  When I synced my 1 TB external My Book to the internal drive I literally had to wait at least 2 days before I could do anything with it.  After that I turned off the sync feature.

Using the internal media manager is just plain slow.  More so if you have hundreds or thousands of files within your sub-folders.  If you just want to attach an external hard drive to it and use the built-in media manager to move or copy files then go for it.  You can totally do that.  I shuffle temporary data to my internal HDD on the media player frequently.  Then I can unplug the external and delete those temporary files as I watch them.  It is my way of keeping up with 8,100 TV shows, movies, and concerts.

I hope this helps,

Cheers

1 Like