Windows Mounts doesn't show on WD TV Live

Normal WIndows shares works fine but Windows Mounts (ie mouting disks on folders using XP) doesn’t show on WD TV Live.

Can someone tell me if it is a bug or if can I do something about it?
Is there a NFS program to share (like TViX NetShare does for DVico) that works in windows folders?

AFAIK, Microsoft doesn’t allow shared folders from one source to be re-shared to another client.  That’d be a major security risk.

Maybe I didn’t explained very well. I am mounting removable disks on the computer and mounting then on a folder, that’s not about sharing another share…

yes, there are nfs server programs for windows

hanewin

freenfs

are both fairly well known and work for sharing nfs from within windows

Thank you for sharing. Would they work with WD TV Live? I’ve tried some solutions and none worked…
I’ll will try it :slight_smile:

Tried both. Didn’t worked with WD TV… I’ve read that the problem may be in the last firmware…

Mav1969 wrote:

Tried both. Didn’t worked with WD TV… I’ve read that the problem may be in the last firmware…

I can guarantee both hanewin and freenfs work just fine with WD’s if you set them up properly

I used hanewin for several years and confirm KAD79’s comment that it works if set up correctly.

I didn’t change any parameters on them. What has to be done? Ports?

yes, make sure the required port are opened and not blocked by firewall

one quirk I’ve noticed in past with hanewin installer

nfs depends on sunrpc portmapper

it installs, but I’ve seen some installs where it does not get set to autostart in windows on reboot

if that’s the case go to services, and change it to autostart at boot

besides that entering invalid option in the exports file can also cause problems

but all this is pretty well documented in hanewin guide

http://www.hanewin.net/nfs-e.htm

also lots of docs on google

http://mrlazy.wordpress.com/2009/08/04/how-to-setup-nfs-shares-on-wd-tv-using-hanewin/

this one is massively old created for other device, so you only need to do the windows set up bits