Wmp 11/12

Is anyone using Windows Media Player 11/12 as a HUB media server on Wndows 7?

Hello,

I don’t user WMP.  Maybe other user do.

Are you having any issues with it?

HDKnows wrote:

Hello,

I don’t user WMP.  Maybe other user do.

Are you having any issues with it?

I’m looking for the path of least resistance here.  WMP 11/12 has a built in server so I figured I should try it first.  I’ve never used server software before so I don’t know how it’s suppose to behave however since I included my DVD rips in the video library my HUB says the folders are empty.  If there’s better software I’ll use it instead.  What do you rexommend?  The only reason I’m doing this is because my VOB files have been stuttering over my Windows share and someone recommended using the server as a remedy.

That’s probably because vob files are not supported by the server.

richUK wrote:

OK, so I tried going back to network share and the folders are still empty.  I’ve tried changing every setting and re-setting the device but no joy.

ram1009 wrote:

richUK wrote:

OK, so I tried going back to network share and the folders are still empty.  I’ve tried changing every setting and re-setting the device but no joy.

Well they must have been there at one time because you said they stuttered over network shares.

richUK wrote:

ram1009 wrote:

richUK wrote:

Well they must have been there at one time because you said they stuttered over network shares.

They are exactly where they were before.  The Hub just doesn’t see them and I don’t know what I did wrong or how to undo it.