WDTV Live Hub needs constant reinitialization

Hi - a friend of mine has recently obtained a WDTV Live hub (1TB) and has been experiencing considerable difficulty; the unit, once switched off, requires a quite elaborate procedure to get it viewable again. She has to unplug it, plug it back in, let it reinitialize itself, and only then can she actually sit and watch it (it is connected to the TV via HDMI)  I find this inexplicable, as it have never had any problems of this kind with my own hub or tvlive units. I recommended this unit to her as a superb example of plug-and-play, and what is even weirder is that the unit works perfectly here with my TV!

What happens if she just selects another hdmi input or av input on her TV and then re-selects the one with the hub plugged into. It sounds like she is having problems with the hdmi handshake. Has she tried setting the hdmi resolution manually in the setup menu.

Thanks very much for responding so quickly and I think you have almost certainly hit on it! The TV is about 5 years old and the newest HDMI cable that she has is, apparently, about 2-3 years old. Do you think that getting a new HDMI cable might possibly help? The handshake idea seems absolutely right as, once the hub is reinitialized she can use it without trouble all day, but after a power-cycle she’s back to square one

She could try another HDMI cable, it may help. Try to borrow one.

OK will try that. Thanks again :catvery-happy: