WD TV live hub suppressed?

Hi guys,

I just had l look on WD web site and the WD TV live hub is no more there…

Seems to be replaced with WD Elements Play ??

duf666 wrote:

Hi guys,

I just had l look on WD web site and the WD TV live hub is no more there…

Seems to be replaced with WD Elements Play ?? 

Not the Elements Play, just the Play.  

And it wasn’t replaced by it…  the Play has been out almost  a year now.    The Hub has likely just been discontinued.

I fully expect a new flagship media player from WD this year.
As in any case the oldest models must be discontinued so they can move on with development and support for new hardware and products.

If you’re planning on buying one of these older devices I would definitely wait.

if you can find a used hub cheap go for it, best purchase i ever made, movie music jukebox… no more cd’s dvd’s to load

Good luck picking one up cheap even eBay wants at least as much or more than retail price.
Being discontinued makes it harder to find and even though it’s an extremely outdated device the demand may still be there so you will pay through the nose. So as I said your best to wait because spending money on a 4yo underpowered outdated device makes absolutely no sense. I suspect we will see something new very soon for about the same money or possibly even less than the four-year-old hub.

Underpowered for what? I don’t need Hi10P at all and it sure will take quite some time till we’re seeing h.265 encodes.