WD TV Live Hub or NAS?

I have no issues with my WD Live TV except for stuttering and frozen screens during VOB playback. All other streaming from my network share works perfectly. (Wired connection: DIR-655 > DAP-1522 Bridge > WD Live, accessing media from PC-based network share)

I connected a WD Book (not the Live version) to my WD Live, but large file transfers across the network take too long. Also, I want the WD Book to automatically synchronize with my PC media folder rather than have to keep initiating manual transfers.

My goal is to have stutter-free playback of VOB and ISO. Not sure if local storage vs. quality NAS is the best solution.

Would getting the Hub version be better than investing in a decent NAS? Any advice or recommendations for an optimal (yet semi-economical) setup?

I have ( like maybe more people ) both, the HUB and a NAS.

The Hub plays HD 1080P mkv and bluray m2ts files without any stutter from the internal drive, connected USB drives and the network connected NAS …

Medic wrote:

I have ( like maybe more people ) both, the HUB and a NAS.

The Hub plays HD 1080P mkv and bluray m2ts files without any stutter from the internal drive, connected USB drives and the network connected NAS …

Yep, same here. All my MKVs are BD conversions, so no need for an ISO file since menus are not supported anyway. Won’t you still need a device capable of playing your files with a NAS? I thought a NAS was just a storage and access across a network, not a self-contained media player.

NAS if you are planning to access files over a network with several devices in same time

Miami Son:I thought a NAS was just a storage and access across a network, not a self-contained media player.

You thought right a NAS is storage only.

foetus wrote:

NAS if you are planning to access files over a network with several devices in same time

Like I said, he’ll still need a device for access.

He has WD Live TV and PC