WD: Poor RMA service

RMA a WD TV live hub which has the same problem like everyone else (thread:  http://community.wdc.com/t5/General-Discussions/Help-Hub-powers-up-WD-light-flashes-then-powers-itse…)

It is written 5-7 working days for the replacement unit to courier back upon returning the faulty unit for RMA. 

However, almost a month has gone by, still no replacement unit in sight and support can’t provide me a date which I can expect the replacement unit. All they could said is that there is unavailable replacement unit for asia-pacific right now. 

This really puzzle me because, we are talking about ASia pacific here. Not just a country and they do not have a replacement unit even after a month for the whole of asia-pacific. 

On the other note, it has recently come to my attention that the direct competitor offers an 1-1 replacement (stock from reseller) upon any defective units being unable to replace in good time.  WD, which is still self- proclaiming to be the market leader in consumer hard disk , is still unable to provide a favourable outcome to my case.

To make things worse, there is no update from WD and I’m the one who always call them for an update. 

Oh ya. I joined and posted on the forum regarding the above because I’m simply run out of patient and no where to direct my mail on how to get my unit back , when I can clearly see that there is stocks everywhere on the shelf in the mall.

Thread moved to WD TV Live Hub Media Player: General Discussions.

Regards,

Called WD service Centre for a update today as the CSO told me that he had expedite my case to the management. However,  I’m surprise to hear that there is no reply from management regarding it. And the service centre has NO IDEA for a date that I can expect the replacement unit. 

So where is this replacement unit coming from ? The CSO can’t explain also .

Perhaps is there’s any Western digital REP care to explain for the ASIA pacific support???

And clearly explain your RMA details. 

RMA Status for end user.

http://websupport.wdc.com/warranty/rmastatus.asp?custtype=end&cmd=status&lang=en

RMA Turn-around Times and Shipping Information

http://support.wdc.com/warranty/rmapost.asp?custtype=end&lang=en

Finally got a reply from the service centre regarding my replacement. Guess what, WD said they will replace it with a “prime” unit (My guess is WD trying to replace a unit that is not “NEW” initally all this while.) . However in the mean time, they can’t provide me a date again. Basically, they are looking for a prime unit now. So we are back to SQUARE ONE. NO STOCK (But not on the shelf).

Anyway, sad to said.There is no WD REP here that can solve my problem . I will just move on from forum to other technical forum until such point that a WD REP would care to reply (I really hate to call the poor support guy i’m dealing with, not his fault and he is getting all the blame)  

RMA # [Edited]

dkoh197709, the WD Community was created for Users -such as yourself- to help one another and to share your experiences and ideas with one another. As Moderators, we are simply here to facilitate and oversee the WD Community. If you have a question or issue related to the WD Community itself, us Moderators will be happy to respond and assist you. However, if you are looking for technical support from WD, you will need to contact them directly, as WD does not provide direct assistance on the WD Community.

To Contact WD for Technical Support:

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Regards,

dkoh197709 wrote:

Finally got a reply from the service centre regarding my replacement. Guess what, WD said they will replace it with a “prime” unit (My guess is WD trying to replace a unit that is not “NEW” initally all this while.) . However in the mean time, they can’t provide me a date again. Basically, they are looking for a prime unit now. So we are back to SQUARE ONE. NO STOCK (But not on the shelf).

Anyway, sad to said.There is no WD REP here that can solve my problem . I will just move on from forum to other technical forum until such point that a WD REP would care to reply (I really hate to call the poor support guy i’m dealing with, not his fault and he is getting all the blame)  

RMA # [Edited]

I am sorry about how long this is taking and I have asked that our office in the area resolve this asap.  Please read our warranty policy.  It states clearly that replacements can be recertified or new.

If you have any other questions, feel free to send me a PM.