WD Live TV Hub - DVD Recorder

Hi,

Can you help me please.

I am considering buying WD Live TV Hub.

I have a Panasonic DVD Recorder with Hard Disk, will I be able to copy various films and TV programs onto the Live TV Hub?

Many Thanks

John

Bubu92 wrote:

Hi,

Can you help me please.

I have a Panasonic DVD Recorder with Hard Disk, will I be able to copy various films and TV programs onto the Live TV Hub?

Many Thanks

John

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Read your DVDR’s manual to see if you can copy files from it to another device.

If  the recorded files are copy protected or encrypted then NO you will not be able to play them

1 Like

Many Thanks for your reply

Regards

John

Bubu92 wrote:

Hi,

Can you help me please.

Many Thanks

John

If the newer Panys have built-in networking or a USB output you could transfer the files direct to a PC or USB drive. If the files are recorded to the hard disk in a standard format like mpeg or AVCHD you may not need to convert the files for the Hub.

I have one of the older Panasonic HD recorders which don’t have network or USB. One way to transfer files with my Pany is to burn the videos from the hard disk to a DVD using the Panasonics built-in DVD recorder. You can then put the DVD into a PC and transfer the files to the Hub or convert the DVD files to an .iso, .mkv or other file.

Thank you very much for your reply. I need to do some checking about my DVD Recorder. 

The model no. is DMREX83.

Best Regards

John