WD Discovery Tool

The version downloaded today only opens in a small window on my WIN7 PC.  Ideas Anyone??

Thanks

Lou

Hello and welcome,

If you are referring to the option of maximizing the WD Discovery Tool window, it is not possible. The Latest discovery tool version is (v2.0.0.16). Check the link below for the download link. 

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=902&sid=206&lang=en

Same problem.  Just installed WD Discovery v2.0.0.16 on WIN7 PC and it opens in a window too small to use.  Maybe compatability issue WIN7 vs WIN8???   Any ideas or does WD need to fix this bug?

Thanks in advance,

Guy

Really?

What an absolutley useless piece of software!

What am I missing here?

Lou

Hi guys, sorry for the delay. I just tested the WD Discovery Tool on my Windows 7 PC and did not had any problems. Can any of you post a print screen to show how it looks on your screen? 

I just tried but no go

I get a nice little manufactured window with rounded corners that only shows a small portion of the info in the box.  There are no scroll bars, I can’t right click any where, I can’t maximize it.  I went into file attributes and told it to run maximized as well, tried different compatability settings also.  All no go.

@Ichigo

No problems here…  (Windows7 Professional : WDDiscovery Tool Version: v2.0.0.16  :  Screen Resolution 1280x720)

And to test Screen Resolution 1920x1080

Screen shot with edges cut off and no scoll bars.  1920 x 1080 resolution (tried different resolution, same thing)

To folks having issues here:  often, the way the TV is set up screws up the picture, and the blame is put onto the device sending the picture to it (e.g. in this case, the WD player).  So, go through the TV manual and be sure it is set up properly.

mike27oct wrote:

To folks having issues here:  often, the way the TV is set up screws up the picture, and the blame is put onto the device sending the picture to it (e.g. in this case, the WD player).  So, go through the TV manual and be sure it is set up properly.

This is some WD software running on a PC. No player or TV involved.

@guyman;

Thanks much for the screen cap as it is exactly the same as what I am seeing here.

I too have tried a variety of settings and even converted from HDMI back to VGA as a test but still same result.

**bleep** if I know what is going on.   I am not a computer expert but I am far from a novice and this has me stumped.

Lou

Hi guys, this issues as been reported to the development team, I will report here once I have more information. 

Hi,

Did you get any answer on this matter, I have the same problem?

Thank you

I too get a small,cut-off window when running WD Discovery Tool on my Windows 8 machine.

What the button OPTIONS does please?

I have the same problem but I have also only 2 lighting up buttons configure and create desktop …

I can’t bring back my internal contents se my post ty:

wdtoolprob.jpg

WD Discovery displays fine on My PC (Pics on page 1)

EDIT: Just tried it on my Father’s computer and the WD Discovery Window is Cropped !

Gonna compare the 2 PC’s to find out “what’s different”

______________________________________________________________________________________

Ok,  SOLVED    :smiley:

It’s the DPI Settings that’s causing the Problem !

Windows 7 running " Custom Text Size Medium 120 Dpi  (or higher)" results in Cropping WD Discovery

Changing to " Custom Text Size Smaller 96 Dpi " resolves the problem … No WD Discovery Cropping

How to Change Dpi Settings in Windows 7 / 8

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/443-dpi-display-size-settings-change.html

How to Change Dpi Settings in Windows XP : On the Desktop

Right-Click > Properties > Settings > Advanced > General > DPI setting > Normal size (96 DPI)

1 Like

Wow, in awe with your troubleshooting as always Joey. I am surprised that several people have run into this issue. With the default being “smaller: 100%”, I didn’t realize that many people dug into the setting that deeply to change the item size.

-P

Wil this problem be adressed in the software? I have very high resolution laptop that I require for drafting, but it sure makes windows system text hard on my old eyes  if I go back to the default settings…