WD Discovery Tool not allowing me to Map Network Shares

When I run the Discovery Tool it doesn’t give me the option to map a network, it’s grayed out. Only Configure and Turn on Identify LED are able to be clicked.

I have Media sharing turned on and have gone through the troubleshooting, nothing is working.

How can I get my live hub to transfer files from the PC?

Hello, try mapping the Live Hub manually, go to Computer, click Map Network Drive or Tools/Map Network Drive, choose the drive letter you want and in the folder space, type \WDTVLiveHub. If the problem continues, try a factory reset on the Live Hub and do the setup again to see if that helps.

Tried mapping it manually but just keep getting the error “windows cannot find”.

Tried a dozen times, even used a second PC, nothing.

Tried resetting everything for days and days, maybe a good 20+ hours dedicated to this, even creating an account here, but just can’t get my live hub to work no matter what. I’ve reset everything so many times I can do it blindfolded : (

tonyclifton5 wrote:

Tried mapping it manually but just keep getting the error “windows cannot find”.

Tried a dozen times, even used a second PC, nothing.

Tried resetting everything for days and days, maybe a good 20+ hours dedicated to this, even creating an account here, but just can’t get my live hub to work no matter what. I’ve reset everything so many times I can do it blindfolded : (

If using windows, can you see the wdtv live hub when you select Network ?

If you can, you should be able to drag and drop files to hub or vice versa.

1st thing i would check on the WDTV Live Hub,

Setup > Network Settings > Check Connection

You should have: 3 Green tick arrows if successful

IP Address

√ DNS

√ Internet Connection  (not important for file transfer)

The live hub is connected, I get all three green arrows. I’ve done this dozens of times before creating an account in here.

I can see the hub on my network and it works for netflix but when I want to transfer a file from my PC desktop to the hub it just never shows up. 

I’ve tried mapping it manually and with the discovery tool and just keep getting the same error. How can get my PC and hub to connect?

When I map it manually I get the following error:

Windows cannot access \WDTVLIVEHUB

Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise there might be a problem with your network.

When I try to map with discovery tool the option to map shares is not highlighted so I can’t click on it. 

Tried this on two different PCs and nothing. Used to have it mapped for over a year, now I can’t get it mapped for the life of me. Very frustrating : (

When i manually map the WDTV Live Hub this is the name that appears…

\Wdtvlivehub\WDTVLiveHub

once mapped it appears in windows like this

WDTVLiveHub on ‘WDTV LIVE (Wdtvlivehub)’ (F:)

So, when yours says " Check the spelling of the name"… i wonder if upper/lower case matters ?

Apologies, i’m not a network guru … have had my Live Hub for nearly 4 years and have never had a problem mapping it.

In windows 7 this this is how my wdtv live hub displays in my network -

WDTVLIVEHUB then the internal hdd is shown as WDTVLiveHub

When the drive is mapped it shows under my C drive as -

WDTVLiveHub (\WDTVLIVEHUB) (X:)

I cannot map the drive if wdtv live hub is fully off, it has to be on standby at least.

Cheers

I’ve tried every combination of the name, caps and not and it doesn’t map.

Here’s what I know: I have all the proper firewalls off, sharing on, all the steps shown to get a drive to map.

I can see the livehub on my network, it shows up as livehub but when I click on it nothing happens.

I can stream netflix and the hub appears to be working. I’ve reset it every which way from Sunday, also the router, modem, PC, and so on. 

It just won’t map. When I use the discovery tool it says map shares, but that button is greyed out and I can’t click it. 

When I try to map manually it sees the live hub but I keep getting an error saying it can’t find the device, try re-entering the spelling. Days and days of this, I just don’t understand. I’m starting to lose hope : (

This is the error I keep getting:

Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found

Ok so I had exactly the same problem and I now have it fixed an hour later. Not sure exactly what I did that fixed it but all I did is the following:

1. Reset the device

2. Allow my network settings to be configured automatically (I previously had them in manually and it had all worked for the last two year)

3. Refresh the WD Discovery tool. The ‘Map Network Drive’ section was no longer greyed out

Thats pretty much it. Hope it helps someone.