Version 1.7.1.2- Tool to scrape TV Show Information for the WDTV Live Hub [9/17/2012]

2. To use the “hidden folder” function, how do I create a hidden folder in the file structure called “.XMLFetcherBackdrops”? I got an errors saying “you must type a file name”. I think starting the name with a dot confuses it into thinking I’m typing the extension.

Windows does not allow “.” in a folder name.  You need to use Dos Command Prompt. eg.

C:>mkdir .XMLFetcherBackdrops

Another way… Open Notepad and type   mkdir .XMLFetcherBackdrops   then save it as foldermaker.bat

Now, double click on the foldermaker.bat file  and it will create your folder.

4. Is there a way to slow down the rotation of backdrop pictures? They seem to change every second or two. Maybe they could change every 5 seconds or so?

The Timing and Transitions for Backdrop Pictures in Video Gallery View is controlled by the ’ Photo’ Settings.

Setup > Photo Settings > Sildeshow Interval Time

Setup > Photo Settings > Sildeshow Transition

1 Like

Thanks Joey

1.  The XML Fetcher doesn’t do anything with FOLDER thumbnails, only EPISODE thumbnails.

Okay so it’s obviously using the image in each season folder called “-1” as the season folder image in lieu of a specific image.
Is there a way I can get the DVD season art to become the folder image for each season?

So I went and renamed my TV show files into the format that I prefer: Series Name 101 - Episode Name.ext

Then in the scraper tool, I changed the File Naming Template and the Title Format (do these always have to be the same format?) to " ^T ^e^S - ^t " and redid all of the scraping for the entire season.

However the result was that only the following episodes scraped properly: 101, 202, 303 etc. The rest remained unchanged.

This is what ended up in the folders for seasons 2 and 4. Note that instead of creating xml files called 201, 202 203 etc, it created files called 102, 202, 302 etc. So the only coincidental cross match in each season was the episode number that matched the series number:

season 2:   http://www.freeimagehosting.net/eidkd

season 4:   http://www.freeimagehosting.net/kxlyt

I’m guessing you meant ^s^E instead of ^e^S? An, no, the title format doesn’t need to match the file name.

1 Like

Whoops thanks Tony!

How do I get the “season art (click to change)” image to be the folder thumb for the each season folder within the series folder?
And similarly, how do I assign a thumb for the series folder?

You can use any of the JPGs as a folder by copying it to a file named “folder.jpg” and putting it inside the folder.

Hi,

Can i ask which theme these tool is aimed at? i just ran this against Alcatraz and pulled in episode images that are 400x225 so wide art… yet this doesn’t display well in the default theme or Delirous them… they come up squashed due to the images wanting to be portrait.

any tips on how to make it look proper… i ticked options per your suggestions.  

only time the episode title is shown as 01 - Pilot is in the view with 7 tiles at the bottom… yet the image on the upper left is not the series art… i would like a more Season 1 boxset type art. is there any filename i can use for that?

thanks.

What am I missing? Just cannot get any info to display. Have tried several Naming Template options.

All data is stored on a WD NAS Media Server on LAN. 

Is there anything I need to do/setup for theinfo to display or am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks for any and all help.

Ed

Using TV series ‘Body of Proof’ (167591)

Below are the original files and the xml and jpg generated

and the XML generated for S01E03

Will have to wait for a moderator to approve the images.

Hopefully you can see them here.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/screen3e.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/4/screen2pj.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/687/screen1zi.jpg/

Thanks

Ed

Yes, I can see those.    Everything looks correct.

What version of firmware is your WD using?

Hi Tony

Thanks for that confirmation … I think :slight_smile:

Running latest FW 3.03.13.  

This is the first time I have tried your software and am looking forward to getting it working. 

Just wondering, what is the link between the video file and the XML? Is it just based on the filenames? I searched to see if there as anything in the WDTV that could be causing issue but can find nothing!

To eliminate network issues, I will drop some video on the internal drive and try from there.

Thanks again

Ed

Yep, it’s purely in the filename matching.

So, just to confirm:

These files are on a NAS.

The NAS Share is added to your Media Library (via the Media Library Manager)

Your Content Source is set to “My Media Library”

You nailed it!

The share was NOT added to the Media Library. Just set it up and works like a charm.

Thanks again

Ed

Great job BTW

Now I have to add some more info and a question. Not sure if you can do this but never hurts to ask.

Typically I store my media on the WD MyBookWorld NAS. It is connected directly to my router (Gb ethernet). This device has a built in media server (Twonkey I believe). This is what I normally select when accessing media from this device.

If I access through this method, the scraped info doesn’t show. When I add the share and select ‘Windows shares’ instead of ‘Media Server’ as COntent Source, the scraped info worls fine.

Can this info show up when using the Media Server instead of Network Share? I willl play a little more later to see what else I can see.

Thanks again

Ed

No.  DLNA doesn’t support metedata.

I’ve no idea how to get this working. I have the necessary stuff to run it. When I click the button it opens some kind of XML file in my browser.

If I click the install button nothing happens at all.