Regular Advisor
boucher

Re: Tool to scrape TV Show Information for the WDTV Live Hub

it seems your app is taking accents well on the hub i mean instead of spaces i do have the accent so i can put the plot in my own language which is even more great, i hope in a future you'll do one for movies just because of this :smileyembarrassed:

o/

Honored Contributor
TonyPh12345

boucher wrote:

it seems your app is taking accents well on the hub i mean instead of spaces i do have the accent so i can put the plot in my own language which is even more great, i hope in a future you'll do one for movies just because of this :smileyembarrassed:

o/

Hee hee...  That's something I never even tried.   Glad it works!   :smileyhappy:

Actually, that's pretty good info.   This is written in MS Visual Basic .NET 2010, and the Windows API handles all that text stuff internally, which is good news...

===Live SMP / Live Hub x2 / Live+ / Live x2 / 24 TBytes of QNAP + WD NAS ===
BedfordCF

First of all thanks Tony for this application. I seem to have run into a problem with "Time Team" (series id 73096) Whilst loading the xml the program crashes with an unhandled exception, "The remote server returned an error (404) Not Found"  Is this thetvdb.com or your program ?

Thanks in advance.

Dennis

Honored Contributor
TonyPh12345

That's actually a problem with the TVDB database.

The database contains a URL to a file that doesn't exist, and the XML Fetcher is unable to proceed since it thinks there is a file, but the server can't find it.  :smileysad:

What makes this especially bad in this case is that the error is with the VERY FIRST EPISODE:

http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesid=73096&seasonid=20561&id=333022&lid=7

If you open up that URL, you'll see an Episode Image there, but the image is broken.

You'll need to contact the TVDB folks and have them correct the database for that series.   You do that by posting in their forum, and just tell them "Season 0 of series 73096 has lots of broken Episode Image links."   It can take a while for them to get to it, though...  so just be patient.

Valued Contributor
extremedigital

Hi Tony been meaning to say nice work on your tool...

Whilst i dont keep tv stuff myself (delete after watching) i know ALOT of people will find your program saving them literally hours of manual labour .....

BedfordCF

thanks Tony, will do that.

Frequent Advisor
StuN_UK

brilliant tool for the Hub, you've saved me several hours of manually doing this. One question though... I have WdTV live as well & when I bring up the TV series that are on my ext HD attached to the Hub, I have trawl through all the Jpgs before I get to the video files? Is there any way to get around this? It makes the WDTV Live TV menus look messy. The strange thing is, that this doesn't happen with the movie files?
Regular Advisor
boucher

any chance to have the possiblity to exclude the episodes thumbnail (not the one from the backdrops), because when i save the xml it always come with the episode thumbnail, dunno why ;[

Occasional Visitor
Ross626

Hi,

This looks like an excellent tool and time-saver, do you know if it works on a Mac?

Thanks

Honored Contributor
TonyPh12345

StuN_UK wrote:
brilliant tool for the Hub, you've saved me several hours of manually doing this. One question though... I have WdTV live as well & when I bring up the TV series that are on my ext HD attached to the Hub, I have trawl through all the Jpgs before I get to the video files? Is there any way to get around this? It makes the WDTV Live TV menus look messy. The strange thing is, that this doesn't happen with the movie files?

This is probably the most long-standing issue with the Live and Live+.   Doubt they'll ever fix it.

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD