Using the Keyboard...issue observations thus far

Hi,

I tried out the keyboard interface on the WD TV Live Hub unit today. Really great having the option to control the unit from a keyboard…i.e. works great for Youtube searches.

I tried playing some *.MTS video and noted the following (i.e. observations thus far):

1. during playback one is supposed to be able to type the letter P to get it to start playing from the beginning of the video file. This was something I wanted to do since the unit has a fairly long period (approximately 5s) where there is no audio and there is unwanted status information being displayed resulting in missing content at the very beginning of a video playback. I observed that this function did not work…i.e. pressing the letter P did not initiate playback from the beginning.

2. One is supposed to be able to vary the volume using Ctrl up/down arrow during playback. This function was observed not to work.

Thank-you,

Charles

1.  That’s particularly odd…  NONE of the WD media players have a “Volume Control.”   I would recommend you contact WD Tech Support on that one…

Hi Tony,

What you say regarding no volume control on WD devices makes sense…i.e. since I could not find an equivalent function available using the remote…But is clearly documented in the WD TV Live Hub manual on page 27…i.e. so this may be an error in the documentation.

Charles

charles9 wrote:

Hi Tony,

so this may be an error in the documentation.

Charles

I think you are right. Wouldn’t be the first time WD did that!

i have observed the z button for zoom dont work when playing youtube videos  and the ctrl+o for options dont work in textmode