Unable to Map Drive Location

Hi,

I am unable to map my WD LIVE TV HUB to a drive location using WD LINK. It detects the device but does not show up in the drive mapping list below. Kindly refer for image. Please help.

ok. so the issue seems to be that it is not detetecting the local storage drive. although the configure page shows used space on the hdd. PLEASE HELP :frowning:

Then after you Select the Drive Letter … Left Click on  “Map Drive”

@ JoeySymth - I tried it, still not working. It is actually not detecting the local storage when I connect it to my TV as well. PLEASE HELP.

Sorry, mine works fine … Where did you purchase your WDTV Live Hub ?

(Please don’t say “Ebay”  …  ive heard of them selling them without Internal HDDs)

If it is an Internal HDD problem you will have to contact WD Support and see if you can open a RMA case … if it’s still under Warranty

This is mine (purchased 3 years ago from JB-Hi Fi … brick’n’mortar shop)

no man. bought it from authorised retailer. and it was working fine last week, copied like 100gb onto it the other day. but then this happened. also, everything else on the device is working perfect, the ui, internet services, it is just not showing the local storage and copied data.

well i’m all outta ideas… apart from a factory reset (you won’t lose your media files doing this)

Setup > System > Device Reset > Reset All Settings Back to Factory Default