Tool to preLoad "Get Info" metadata for movies (no TV series)

Re: Tool to preLoad “Get Info” metadata on your TV Live hub 

03-27-2011 07:35 AM

Well, I installed this little nifty app (theRenamer_Setup.exe), Work really well and it allowed your tool to fetch a lot more metadata off the site.

What I do (it’s a pain in the %$@ but it works) is I allready have .jpg for all my movies so the renamer “renames” the .MP4 files , I use the tool to fetch the metadata then copy paste the name from toe original .jpg back onto the .MP4 and .xml.

The tool also fetches new .jpg so I keep the one I like the most.  (most of the time my own as I used google image for search for all my dvd art and used photoshop to batch resize all the pics to 78k.

For the rest so far (the one I cannot get the tool to work, I made a Blank metadata (.xml) file and I copy paste the info from TMDb into it, 

here is what I use . . .

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

entermovietitlehere

enterhearhere

enterdurationhere

entergenrehere

enterplothere

enterplothere

enterdirectorhere

enteractornamehere

enterroleplayedhere

repeat if necessary

It takes a while but it works great.

If you have better ideas, please feel free because it will take me most likely over a hundred hours to complete all my library . . .

But there is one thing certain, you (and your work) helped a heck of a lot, Thank You.

Mike

That’s exactly what I’ve been having to do…please update if you find a quicker/easier way to create .xml files for “hard to find” movies…thanks!