Thunbgen and hub display issue

I used thumbgen to create dropart and info and such. All went well over the last 4 days on saving. I finally got done and went to small. large view even gallery view and it didn’d display the info or dropart. Was wondering what I may have done wrong it did create the 2 additional files for the hub but isn’t displaying. Did I do something wrong?

What theme are you using ?

Specific movie sheets only work with certain themes, and even then some sheets only work in gallery view.

wdtvhub wrote:

What theme are you using ?

Specific movie sheets only work with certain themes, and even then some sheets only work in gallery view.

The WDTV Live one. I was wanting the layout like this more less. Well that’s what I am wanting to achieve. It’s a learning curve as I just upgraded from the WDTV Live Player.

Ah I take it thats the Hub default theme. MSheets won’t work with that.

Its all down to the modified themes that you use, as to what does and does not work as well.

The Live uses the hacked firmware to display them, the Hub relys on clever theme designers so far.

Okay thank you so if I install any of the custom themes in the theme section I can achieve this then. Is that what you are saying?

Yes and No.

Yes you need to use a customised theme, but the sheets you have made might not work with that theme.

An example is the one I am using at the moment here, because of the themes clever design, it needs its own sheets to make it work, hence the inclusion of its own Movie/TV templates for thumbgen.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Themes/JoeySmyth-s-Aeon-ish-Home-Screen-Gallery-theme-list-view-fix/td-p/181858

Thanks I saw that earlier but it isn’t quite like I was wanting to achieve at the same time. I saw that they included the sheetwork needed to accomplish this too so that is something to look at when looking at themes then I take it? I was wanting the thumb art at the bottom and it show a current of like let’s say 10 thumbs for movies but the one currently highlighted if I can call it that would show up like this:

So below this would show thumb of the current which is shown like in the image here and then you’d see like the next 9 thumbnail views below it like the pic I posted earlier. So I am not sure if there is a theme out there to do it as I like but am I on the right track now? Well on my thoughts?

Thanks for the info so far.

I can’t see th pic, as the forum does not display them automatically.

But that theme does what you want, the right hand picture shows up at the bottom, so in effect you have as many thumbs at the bottom as there are episodes. All with the screen cap and episode info.

I’m new to this myself, and tried to balance between looks at initial menu, and thumbs and movie info, and this one works for me.

As for the other themes not sure to be honest, you would have to try them and see what works I suppose.

I did a quick cut and paste in paint to give you an idea, I am modifying these to have dvd or bluray covers and plot pictures in the thumb in them, but it gives you an idea.

http://postimage.org/image/1civdmm10

wdtvhub wrote:

I can’t see th pic, as the forum does not display them automatically.

But that theme does what you want, the right hand picture shows up at the bottom, so in effect you have as many thumbs at the bottom as there are episodes. All with the screen cap and episode info.

I’m new to this myself, and tried to balance between looks at initial menu, and thumbs and movie info, and this one works for me.

As for the other themes not sure to be honest, you would have to try them and see what works I suppose.

I did a quick cut and paste in paint to give you an idea, I am modifying these to have dvd or bluray covers and plot pictures in the thumb in them, but it gives you an idea.

http://postimage.org/image/1civdmm10

Sweet I guess I’ll redo all my movies again so this will work and use the same theme you are using. As your mockup is what I am wanting to achieve on my movie collection.

Charlie,  many of your other posts reference the WDTV LIVE.   Do you actually have a WDTV LIVE HUB?   If not, NONE of this is going to do anything for you, as the LIVE/LIVE+ don’t support this data.

Yeah I was initially confused, but guessed it was his screen cap, and he said he has just upgaded from the Live.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Charlie,  many of your other posts reference the WDTV LIVE.   Do you actually have a WDTV LIVE HUB?   If not, NONE of this is going to do anything for you, as the LIVE/LIVE+ don’t support this data.

Yes I was useing the screeny to help explain what I wanted to do. I actuallt pulled that first screen from the theme section here in the hub area. I have upgraded from the live to the hub just 3 days ago. Sorry for the confusion. I know you need custom firmware for the live to do this but why bother since I have the hub now.

That screenshot you posted looks pretty much like just the stock “Mochi” theme, in the Gallery View mode.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

That screenshot you posted looks pretty much like just the stock “Mochi” theme, in the Gallery View mode.

Also I should of stated this in the beginning…I don’t have individual folders that a lot of users are mentioning here. I have all my movies (all Gener) in the root of the HDD via USB. Should I at least make one folder or is that really not needed as I really don’t want to sort comedy from horro etc…

I tried that but got blank ifo but I think my issue might be I got the jpg’s and the screen drops I guess it is called? But no .xml’s.

So without the xml I can’t see the info as it shows in thumbgen I am taking it?

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Themes/JoeySmyth-s-Aeon-ish-Home-Screen-Gallery-theme-list-view-fix/td-p/181858

Yes it needs one. Set it up like it shows in these screencaps.

1 Like

wdtvhub wrote:

Yes it needs one. Set it up like it shows in these screencaps.

Thanks