Thumbnail issues

Hello,

I’ve bought this hub yesterday but I have a couple of issues :frowning:

Medialibrary is set on and I use the osd theme from extremedigital.
I created a folder ‘Movies’ on the hub with an folder.jpg in it. Now I would like to replace this image with another one so I deleted it and replaced it but on my screen I still see the old image. I cleared the thumb folder and the cache folder. I clear the library and compiled it again but the old image is still there… How is this possible?

The second strange problem is that in the folder ‘Movies’ i’ve created a folder with in it: movie.avi, movie.jpg (moviesheet), folder.jpg and movie.xml, all generated by thumbgen. In gallery view when I go to this movie folder (after a library compile), the thumbnail is the japanse cover of the movie while i’ve created with thumbgen an english one and I don’t see and english one in that folder either.

How is all this possible? I can’t get it fixed and it’s really frusttrating.
Thanks in advance

Nightless

I’m not an expert, and I can try to give suggestions only about the movie thumbnail.

My suggestion would be to make a reset on the Hub. You can do this either pressing the small button on the front of the Hub for a little more than 3 seconds or from the configuration menù. Unfortunately I’m not at home at the moment and cannot point you to the correct menu voice. Anyway, using the front button will allow you to restart the Hub completely.

As for the Thumbgen created moviesheet I cannot help you since I still have to learn how to use the program myself, sorry

Also, I’d suggest to let us know which firmware version you are using.

The thumbnails are cached in a hidden partition on the internal drive.

I don’t have any idea why doing a “Clear Media Library” doesn’t work for you…  

Two issues here

Thumbnails

Only way I seem to refresh is to totally restart the box by holding down power button for greater than 3 secs.

Media Library sometimes does not work for me either.

Thumbgen

I bet if you look inside the folder, it will be the Japenese version that Thumbgen created. If you dont click the green tick after changing the cover, then the new one wont get used.

ThumbGen is good for generating general xmls, jpgs, etc. once you have a sizable video library.

However, you should then go into the HUB and fine tune the moviesheets to suit your individual preferences.

For example, a lot of the info. from themoviedb.org seems to be from non-U.S. users. So, this is why the movie posters will sometimes be in foreign (Non-English) languages and be the alternate versions not used in the states.

So, this is what I mean, when I say, you have to go in and manually adjust and replace certain thumbnails and other things to customize the moviesheets to your liking :smiley:

I take it you have never used Moviesheets or Thumbgen then ?

Firstly a Moviesheet is a jpg so once its made, that’s it, its a jpg, so any info updates are done from within Thumbgen and it then creates another jpg.

Thumbnails, you can have hundreds to chose from, all you do is select as may Sites as you want in the Site options, there are always English ones, and if there are not its not an English film, nothing to do with being “non-us” whatever than means. All that seems to have happened is its defaulted to a Japanese one, he selected an English one, but not clicked the green tick to update before generating.

You can also find thumbnails you want, download them to your hard drive and use them through Thumbgen as well.

By non-U.S., all I meant was is a lot of the movie posters from themoviedb.org that get pulled and used as thumbs seem to be the foreign ones used for the non-U.S. marketing campaigns EVEN THOUGH the movie was made in the U.S.

For example, I have a rip of “Under Siege 2” and the poster Thumbgen pulled is in Russian. I also have a rip of “Miami Vice” and the poster that was pulled is from the European marketing campaign and NOT the U.S. one.

All I was trying to convey to the OP is sometimes this stuff happens, so you have to go in and customize it to your own liking.

Anywyay, I can see you’re flexing your intellect/forum status, so I’ll just back out of this thread and let you have it if it means that much to you?

Theres no need to be like that.

All you have done is select automatic, if you select Manual, you can select from as many thumbs as you can get, strangely if you set it at automatic, it always seems to set it at a bizarre non english thumb. This I can confirm, NEVER seems to happen on Manual, which is really strange, as it always seems be a english one selected first. Try it and see, I bet 99% of the thumbs done under Manual are english.

All I was saying, was you can’t update anything but the Thumbnail after Thumbgen has made the files.

I’ve solved it out :slight_smile:

On this forum I read an topic with a similar problem.

I did the follow steps and my thumbnails where changed to the right one :)thing to completely

1. Turn off the WD using power off on the remote.

2. From the computer find “thumb” in directory from the .wd_tv directory in the root HUB directory. Then, delete the whole thumb directory, or navigate more surgically to find the directory you changed or even the actual thumb files. The WD regenerates them rapidly, so it’s not a hassle for me with several hundred thumbs to delete a whole directory. 

3. Restart the WD using power on from the remote,

4. Then immediately do a “device restart” from within the menu.  (Home → Setup → System → Device Restart).  This is more like a reboot than just powering off/on with the remote. 

Thanks for the help.