Advisor
BillSarge

Thumbnail for Home Movie

Forgive me if this was covered on another forum but I didn't see it if it was...Is there anyway to create a thumbnail picture for my home movies so it will appear in the grid view?

thanks!

-Bill

Honored Contributor
richUK

Re: Thumbnail for Home Movie

Get your picture and name it exactly the same as your movie name. 

e.g.

home movie.avi

home movie.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WDTV Live Streaming; WDTV Live; WD Live Hub; My Book Live. Running Windows XP on a PC / Laptop.
Advisor
BillSarge

Thanks for the reply!  I tried this and it worked but not quite 100%.  My home movies are in a folder called:

2010 Videos

The home movie that I wanted a thumbnail for is called:

2010 Outerbanks.avi (which resides in the 2010 Videos folder)

I took a jpeg pic and renamed it: "2010 Outerbanks.jpeg" and dropped it in the 2010 Videos folder.

The thumbnail appears in the 2010 Videos folder and not the 2010 Outerbanks.avi file...

Am I doing something wrong?

-Bill

Advisor
BillSarge

Another thing that I just tried and is weird:  I placed a jpg for a movie in the folder and renamed it to match the movie.  I didn't like the way it looked so I deleted the jpg from WDTV internal drive...WDTV Hub then said "compiling media library" so I thought it was removing the thumbnail, but it still shows up as a thumbnail...????  I must be doing something wrong.....

-Bill

Frequent Advisor
johnaduk

Don't use .jpeg, use .jpg. That works on the WD TV Live, so I assume it's the same here. Hope it helps.

Honored Contributor
PixelPower

As above, make sure the extension is .jpg, not .jpeg!  :smileyhappy:

Also, keep the filesize and dimensions fairly small.  Less than 70kb and about 200x300px.

Grant
WD TV Live SMP :: WD TV Live Hub :: WD Livewire :: WD MyBookLive 1TB
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD