Thumbnail for Home Movie

Forgive me if this was covered on another forum but I didn’t see it if it was…Is there anyway to create a thumbnail picture for my home movies so it will appear in the grid view?

thanks!

-Bill

Get your picture and name it exactly the same as your movie name. 

e.g.

home movie.avi

home movie.jpg

Thanks for the reply!  I tried this and it worked but not quite 100%.  My home movies are in a folder called:

2010 Videos

The home movie that I wanted a thumbnail for is called:

2010 Outerbanks.avi (which resides in the 2010 Videos folder)

I took a jpeg pic and renamed it: “2010 Outerbanks.jpeg” and dropped it in the 2010 Videos folder.

The thumbnail appears in the 2010 Videos folder and not the 2010 Outerbanks.avi file…

Am I doing something wrong?

-Bill

Another thing that I just tried and is weird:  I placed a jpg for a movie in the folder and renamed it to match the movie.  I didn’t like the way it looked so I deleted the jpg from WDTV internal drive…WDTV Hub then said “compiling media library” so I thought it was removing the thumbnail, but it still shows up as a thumbnail…???  I must be doing something wrong…

-Bill

Don’t use .jpeg, use .jpg. That works on the WD TV Live, so I assume it’s the same here. Hope it helps.

As above, make sure the extension is .jpg, not .jpeg!  :)

Also, keep the filesize and dimensions fairly small.  Less than 70kb and about 200x300px.