Potential Buyer for WD Live Hub - Need some assistance

I have already purchased

Patriot Media Player

Asus O!Play

WD Live ( Already Returned )

I have a Satellite reciever which record in .trp format and while the WD Live played it, I wasn’t too impressed as it refused ot play some other formats and after refusing to play 1 of them, it got stuck on playing the one which it played earlier ( I upgraded firmware already )

Anyways, I now have Asus and Patriot whic on return will cost me 15% restocking fee, my last hope is WS Live Hub -

I am looking to record to the WD Live in .trp and play it from there, also while testing other players - I have used these additional firmwares which allow stuff like xlive ( xtreamer ) etc

Is there any such firmware for WD Live Hub

and

would it play this .trp file?

http://www.filesonic.com/file/939811504/GI_Jane___1.rar

Please if someone can help me

The Live Plus and the Live Hub use the exact same chip.  The Live uses the same chip except without being able to play protected streams.

Even though .trp isn’t listed as a supported filetype, it’s basically just a .ts stream, which is supported.

Many users have no problem whatsoever with .ts files backed up from BluRay discs.

If your .trp files aren’t playing properly, it’s more likely to be the file than the player, but with them all being the same chip, I can’t see the Live Hub doing any better with the files than the Live did.

If one won’t play them beacuse the stream’s settings aren’t supported, then it’s virtually guaranteed that the other won’t play the files either.

Thanks so much for repling, how abt those add-ons I see on other players where can add xtreamer, rss feeds etc…I mean custom firmware?

Thread moved to WD TV Live Hub Media Player: General Discussions.

reg828 wrote:

Thanks so much for repling, how abt those add-ons I see on other players where can add xtreamer, rss feeds etc…I mean custom firmware?

Nobody is willing to create custom firmware for the Live Hub.

If you load non-WD firmware you will permanently lose access to several features.

WD’s warning:

Using third party or user-modified firmware may cause malfunction and will void your product warranty. Once you install third party or user-modified firmware, even if the product is rolled back to the original firmware from WD, access to certain features will be disabled.