Please Help Mother-In-Law Find Movies

This is actually a question about file structure, which is causing the confusion on the part of my mother-in-law. Right now to keep myself organized I have set up files called Movies, Pictures, Music inside the top level directory. If you click movies on the dashboard it will open a folder called WDLiveHub, inside that is the folder called Movies, so the structure is dashboard/WDLivehub/Movies/file making it at least four clicks to watch a movie. Is there any way to set the dashboard to open inside the Movies folder so that one click shows the list of movies.

Curious… whenever I open Dashboard and click “Files” I see the directories that I put on the root of the drive. I don’t see a folder called ‘WDLiveHub’ except in Windows under Network.

This is the path to get to my ‘root’ folder:

\WDTV\WDTVLiveHub\MyStuff

but as I said that’s only when I go through Windows 7. Whenever I use the dashboard  the first directory I see is “MyStuff.”

If you rollback to the previous version of the firmware, you wont have the WDTVLiveHub folder anymore. This was added as part of the most recent update to the firmware and there is no way to change this other than rollback firmware.

As, dhadleymail said, the only way to get rid of the extra folder layer is to rollback to a previous firmware version.

I would suggest rolling back to version 2.04.13, since this is the least buggy version of the firmware in the last few releases.

You can find out how to roll the firmware back HERE.

Curious… I have 2.05.08 and whenver I click “Files” i dont see the WDLiveHub folder. Could it be because I manually copy my files using Windows 7 explorer?

That’s because the WDLiveHub folder wasn’t introduced until the latest firmware 2.06.10.

Ah ok thanks! Good thing I didn’t get that update yet. :slight_smile:

I would be great if there was a setting that would allow us to customize where those buttons on the dashboard pointed to. That way it would just bypass all of those directories and land where you’ve put the files.