Photo pan and zoom

I’ve been using both the Wd Hub and Player for years and I do not understand why these devices do not have the ability to pan and ozone to fill up an HDTV without distorting the photos or leaving black bars on each side. It seems like a basic function of a media player yet WD has never implemented such a core feature. Most photos of past and present are not shot with a 16:9 ratio and I’d like to use my WD products more for slide shows but refuse to look at the black bars or distorted photos. Apple TV provided this with their Ken Burns affect. Can some prom WD please explain why this isn’t in your media products? Thanks,

Hi, you can summit the ideas on the ideas section, the most popular ones are always considered for future firmware update. 

Ichigo wrote:

Hi, you can summit the ideas on the ideas section, the most popular ones are always considered for future firmware update. 

Kind of pointless since the Hub is at EOL. Not likely to get any further FW updates. 

I do not follow the forums so I was unaware of the EOL but with that said, it is ridiculous that WD never implemented such a basic feature in its product line. Time for an Apple TV.