Password to LIVE HUB browser GUI

hey

where can I find the password for the WD TV Live HUB browser GUI?

when I connect through the browser to the LIVE HUB it asks for a password.

I didn’t set up any password anywhere in the hub or in the PC, and it’s not listed in the intructions so… what is it?

I think the password is:

admin

bacano wrote:

hey

where can I find the password for the WD TV Live HUB browser GUI?

I didn’t set up any password anywhere in the hub or in the PC, and it’s not listed in the intructions so… what is it?

Page 71 of the User Manual.   :slight_smile:

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705046.pdf

yep the password is admin thanks! :smiley:

I only have the small flyer that came with the box with quick intructions. so I would have to dig deeper online for the manual and in the instructions till page 70’s to find the solution… ok they want to save paper.

sweet…i got this too.  had no idea what it was either.  thanks.

bacano wrote:

yep the password is admin thanks! :smiley:

I only have the small flyer that came with the box with quick intructions. so I would have to dig deeper online for the manual and in the instructions till page 70’s to find the solution… ok they want to save paper.

The CD that comes with hub has the full manual on.

CD that come with the live hub?? No I have no CD nor instructions just the box, power adapter and remote controller

bacano wrote:

CD that come with the live hub?? No I have no CD nor instructions just the box, power adapter and remote controller

You are absolutely correct. I was mixing it up with the WDTV Live which does come with a CD. No wonder people have problems if WD expect them to read an online manual. Cheapskates.

Allthough the english manual says the following on page 71:

2. The Web UI launch page displays. Enter the default password (“admin”) in the
Password field.

The danish manual says the following on the same page (translated to english):

2. The Web UI launch page displays. Enter the default password in the
Password field (Password).

If I hadn’t googled for the password, I would not have known that the password is “admin” simply because I’m danish and only read english manuals if there aren’t a danish version available!

Who knows what other important things got lost in translation??