No Surround Sound on Live HUB with HDMI

I bought A WDTV Live hub about 2 days ago and only just realised the sound is not pumping out to the rear speakers. I have the The HUB going to the Surround sound receiver via a HDMI cable. Ive made sure the settings on the hub are correct and tested the cable and receiver with other devices like the PS3 and Blue Ray player, all works fine and get 5.1 sound. My wife tells me theres alot of people with the same issue so I thought I’d post here and see if any of you guys have any idea’s.

I take it you can get 5.1 surround with a HDMI cable hooked up to the HUB yeah?

1 Like

Your wife tells you that lots of people have the same issue?    Interesting.   As far as I know, not many at all have that issue.

5.1 sound via HDMI works fine for most people, but all of your equipment has to support it, and the file also has to be a supported type and format.

Make sure your Hub’s AUDIO mode is set to HDMI PASSTHROUGH.   When you select that, then select AUTO DETECT.

Tell us what AUTODETECT determines your receiver is capable of.

Also, what kind of files have you tried?

Please post the full TEXT output of MEDIAINFO for a file that’s NOT giving you 5.1 sound.

http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net

1 Like

Tony, Cheers for your post mate, it prompted me to check the AVI file I was using! lol, I’m quite ashamed to say it came up with being in stereo when I run it through info:smileyvery-happy:

1 Like