No More Live Hub :( Can You Connect Elements Play to Network?

So I came on looking to purchase my 4th wd tv live media hub (btw I also talked 3 friends into buying them!). Love love love the Live Hub!! I am very upset to see it is discontinued and looks to be replaced by the Elements Play. From what I can see there is no way to connect the elements play to a network (via ethernet or wifi), is this true??

I always transfer my files to the Live Hub via my computer over my network so that would be a deal breaker for me. Please someone tell me I am wrong and the Elements Play has some way to connect to a network.

Thanks!!

Greg

Hello, unfortunately the Elements Play is not capable of connecting to your home network, but you can connect the Elements directly to you PC to transfer your files, using a USB cable. A second option would be to purchase a WDTV Live Streaming. Check the link bellow for more information. 

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/homeentertainment/mediaplayers/

But there is no option for a 1TB or larger drive that is connected to my network? I like to transfer movies and songs to the drive from whereever my computer is and keep the drive in a location that is not easily accessible. Are there any plans to make a model that will be able to connect to my network? If not I will have to try ebay for the live hub or sadly look to a different manufacturer for other options :(. I loooooove my wd live hub!!

You can get an external network drive (eg 2, 3, or 4TB MyCloud) and store your content on that then stream to your WDTV Live Hubs or a WDTV Live Streaming if you decide to get one.  That’s what I do.  However, I too like the Hub for several reasons (eg, self-contained, portable - you can load it up and take it with you on vacations, doesn’t demand a flawless LAN connection at home to operate - are a few pluses). 

Hi again, I don’t have any information available for future model releases, but stay tuned to the Media Players Overview page for any future announcement.

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/homeentertainment/mediaplayers/

So what about the new TV LIVE. It seems to have everything the HUB had. What am I missing?

I noticed the My cloud has a processor now which I believe is new. IS IT?

Inspectorfixit wrote:

So what about the new TV LIVE. It seems to have everything the HUB had. What am I missing?

A hard drive…

-P

OOPS! I thought it had. Pretty useless HD anyway.

So the MY CLOUD replaces the HUB with a bigger processor and more software support?

Inspectorfixit wrote:

So the MY CLOUD replaces the HUB with a bigger processor and more software support?

Heck no.   The My Cloud is a NAS.   The Hub is a Media Player.